Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 10:50 PM

6,279 posts, read 4,157,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lower taxes in Germany.

She got strip-searched?!

As a foreign student the police should have contacted the consulate but being strip searched was vile , no wonder she won her lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Anti-capitalist? No. Anti criminals cashing in on their illegal actions? Yup.
She wasn't charged with a crime.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:00 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
She lives in Germany with her husband, sheesh you don't have to hate your country just because you live in another country. I see nothing wrong with her wanting to cash in.
Didn't say she hated her country.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
She wasn't charged with a crime.
Yes, she was. The charges were dropped.

The city eventually dropped charges, but only after she was kept in jail and separated from her child - This is in bold before the article.

Below are all directly from the article:

The NYPD booked Sørensen and Wardlaw for child endangerment and disorderly conduct.

She was placed in jail for 36 hours, while her daughter was put in foster care by the city's welfare services.

She remained in New York for a few more weeks because of summonses to civil and criminal court.

Charges against Sørensen were eventually dropped after she agreed to leave the United States.

Apparently, you didn't read the article very well.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, she was. The charges were dropped.

The city eventually dropped charges, but only after she was kept in jail and separated from her child - This is in bold before the article.

Below are all directly from the article:

The NYPD booked Sørensen and Wardlaw for child endangerment and disorderly conduct.

She was placed in jail for 36 hours, while her daughter was put in foster care by the city's welfare services.

She remained in New York for a few more weeks because of summonses to civil and criminal court.

Charges against Sørensen were eventually dropped after she agreed to leave the United States.

Apparently, you didn't read the article very well.

I read the article. She was arrested but all charges were dropped . So your statement " Anti criminals cashing in on their illegal actions?" Isn't valid .

They violated her rights and she won her lawsuit. She is not a criminal and lives in another country with her husband and two children. Liv attends college and will design the English book cover for her mother.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,122,363 times
Quote:
Anti-capitalist? No. Anti criminals cashing in on their illegal actions? Yup.
Actually, it turns out that based on your posts here, you're anti-capitalist. She is simply telling her story. She was never convicted of a crime. Even if she was, many people who were convicted write about their stories to make a living. The thing about capitalism... if you don't like the product, don't purchase it. But don't shove your anti-capitalistic views down everyone's throats like you are doing here.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:43 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She was an educated woman who knew that NYC was much different from Denmark.

Also, America doesn't have to bend or change it's laws to accommodate the cultural needs of immigrants.

Wonder how the Mohawks, Apache or Cherokee felt about this? Or does that matter?

Old 11-27-2017, 05:23 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
...p.

Mom jailed for leaving baby OUTSIDE restaurant speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, no sympathy from me. I never would have done it for certain anywhere.
It is VERY common practice in Denmark.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:40 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,411,425 times
The idea of leaving a baby outside is crazy to me, I'm not a fan of helicopter parenting but when they're that young I think you should have an eye on them at all times.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,124,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
...p.

Mom jailed for leaving baby OUTSIDE restaurant speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, no sympathy from me. I never would have done it for certain anywhere.
It is true that this is done in other culture's. It just reinforces the fact that people need to be totally aware of what the laws ans cultural norms are when they immigrate....and then assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting