U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 05:40 PM

8,883 posts, read 15,551,476 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind Teachers, Counselors, etc ... are mandatory reporters.

If they hear, see, know something they are required by law to report it to CPS. They can be criminally charged, lose there teaching licences if they don't report it, So they will side on reporting EVERYTHING, and let CPS figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 09:15 PM

12,308 posts, read 9,657,233 times
Or it's an issue of who's causing the orgasms. Or who she's giving them to. There's FAR more to this story. Notice it's also a brand new member.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:01 AM

12,610 posts, read 4,726,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
There must be more to the story.
Typically a CPS visit starts in a very traumatic manner. A white van shows up at a late hour, usually after dinner time, for an "emergency"visit. If the two social workers who arrive, in their sole discretion, think there's an emergency they can take the kids with them.

My wife and I had three reports filed against us. We were flagged because our younger son is on the autistic spectrum, albeit high functioning. That was the excuse.

Our merry voyage started when a special ed meeting broke up in disorder after the chair wanted to declassify the autistic son. My wife was visibly upset. CPS was called on her for coming back to the school to ask for another meeting. She did nothing threatening, just told them she was upset. I was added to the complaint when I was called by the school and told to pick up my children. I asked them to send them home with my wife, that I would meet them at home. THe complaint against me was for putting them into a dangerous situation. That complaint at least had a shred of merit, though it was dismissed as "unfounded."

The next one would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous. My older son, the normal one, had family in another part of the state where the new middle school principal had previously worked. He came to school one hot September day with a tee shirt from her former employer. She did not find it funny. I was h it with a complaint for, get this, scaring the older son when I lectured him not to ever pick on someone smaller or weaker than him. I put him on the stairs for the lecture. The CPS complaint was written that I "pushed him down" the stairs. After than the complaints came with a steady drumbeat until that principal left the position. So the way I see it the first complaint was to punish my wife for insisting on continued special services for a son who was only mainstreamed with a lot of supports, and the balance because the principal and the normal son didn't get along.

The third one, the most ridiculous of all, sprang from a "hickey" my older son gave my younger son while playing. Neither are gay or violent.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:37 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,949,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The next one would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous. My older son, the normal one...
So is it you or your wife who is abnormal?

Old 12-05-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
So is it you or your wife who is abnormal?
Neither.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:47 AM

6,335 posts, read 4,720,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Typically a CPS visit starts in a very traumatic manner. A white van shows up at a late hour, usually after dinner time, for an "emergency"visit. If the two social workers who arrive, in their sole discretion, think there's an emergency they can take the kids with them.

My wife and I had three reports filed against us. We were flagged because our younger son is on the autistic spectrum, albeit high functioning. That was the excuse.

Our merry voyage started when a special ed meeting broke up in disorder after the chair wanted to declassify the autistic son. My wife was visibly upset. CPS was called on her for coming back to the school to ask for another meeting. She did nothing threatening, just told them she was upset. I was added to the complaint when I was called by the school and told to pick up my children. I asked them to send them home with my wife, that I would meet them at home. THe complaint against me was for putting them into a dangerous situation. That complaint at least had a shred of merit, though it was dismissed as "unfounded."

The next one would be funny if it weren't so ridiculous. My older son, the normal one, had family in another part of the state where the new middle school principal had previously worked. He came to school one hot September day with a tee shirt from her former employer. She did not find it funny. I was h it with a complaint for, get this, scaring the older son when I lectured him not to ever pick on someone smaller or weaker than him. I put him on the stairs for the lecture. The CPS complaint was written that I "pushed him down" the stairs. After than the complaints came with a steady drumbeat until that principal left the position. So the way I see it the first complaint was to punish my wife for insisting on continued special services for a son who was only mainstreamed with a lot of supports, and the balance because the principal and the normal son didn't get along.

The third one, the most ridiculous of all, sprang from a "hickey" my older son gave my younger son while playing. Neither are gay or violent.
Jeeze...I think I'd hire my own lawyer to launch some type of harassment suit.

Its sad, I talk to teachers that deal with students living in squalor that they can't do much about, then you hear about investigations being launched for things that are so minor but put such a black mark on people. I had a childhood friend's mother almost lose her teaching license for endangering children because they apparently were playing unsupervised in a kiddy pool. The thing is, the mom was 15 feet away in the screened in porch where the busybody neighbor couldn't see her.

To the OP, I have to think there's more to the story, but this is sounds like an odd case of CPS being called for something they shouldn't be called for, being caught unawares, and mumbling out a passing warning so they have something to document ("we advised the teenager of the risks of underage sexual activity,) or something like that.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Jeeze...I think I'd hire my own lawyer to launch some type of harassment suit.
Thanks. We didn't sue because we didn't want our children exposed to publicity and "caught in the middle." The one on the autistic spectrum has it hard enough as it is. The other one is fierce in his defense, but making either or both witnesses in a trial is "a bridge too far."

In our family it's always what's best for the children. My wife and I are married 26 years; that's no accident.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:25 AM

3,316 posts, read 1,405,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Or it's an issue of who's causing the orgasms. Or who she's giving them to. There's FAR more to this story. Notice it's also a brand new member.
+1.

These type of posts are ALWAYS from a new member.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
+1.

These type of posts are ALWAYS from a new member.
That doesn't mean the topics are unworthy of discussion, even if she is asking for advice in the wrong place or the situation isn't perfectly described. It happens that CPS abuse is a major issue.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:28 AM

6,885 posts, read 8,633,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Keep in mind Teachers, Counselors, etc ... are mandatory reporters.

If they hear, see, know something they are required by law to report it to CPS. They can be criminally charged, lose there teaching licences if they don't report it, So they will side on reporting EVERYTHING, and let CPS figure it out.

That's true -- I too am a mandatory reporter -- but unless we're missing a big piece of the story, I don't see what there was to report in the first place, and I really don't see why a report about girl who announces in class that she 'likes to feel orgasms' wouldn't be screened out as having nothing at all to do with child abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting