Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:12 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,048,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I've seen, rather second hand, friends of my sisters whose son in high school got into trouble dealing with a girl who was on the spectrum. Because of her disability she legally couldn't consent so boy was in trouble. I thought it was sickening the boy got into trouble the girl was equally involved and I call BS on the situation. The kid had no idea she was "disabled" neither did anyone else. The whole thing stank. The boy was kicked out of school and had to enroll in neighboring school district. He was a senior enrolled in sports at his old school and no longer played in New school and had trouble with depression after that.
Ridiculous cases like that are why I suggested that the OP needs to be very careful if they want to report this girl to the police. Unfortunately, if she lies, they will likely believe the girl over him. Remember, as I posted a few days ago, I had a girl attack me specifically hoping to get caught so that se could falsely accuse me of attacking her.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
My thoughts: Have him pull out his cell phone and record her assaults, save all emails, any correspondences and threats documented and get a restraining order. The girl is whack!

Old 12-09-2017, 04:20 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Confidence starts with how a person views themself, and has nothing to do initially with anyone else. You need to have a positive sense of self, and know how to properly deal with the negative aspects of interpersonal relationships, **such as** being rejected when asking someone out on a date, and have a game plan as to how to deal with such scenarios that won't get you branded as a psychotic wacko. That all needs to happen before a person can consider entering into an interpersonal relationship, such as dating, with another person.

This girl in question here doesn't have that. Not even close. She's put all of her eggs into one basket (the OP's son), and is trying to force a relationship after he told her he's not interested. When he said "no" she should have backed right off, let well enough alone, licked her wounds in private, and focused her energy in another direction, preferably not towards another person. Instead, she is being an aggressive bully, and she crossed the line by engaging in a physical attack.

Considering the fact that he had a witness present when she attacked him with the mace, it's hardly going to be a "he said, she said" case. Hopefully they have saved all of the notes, gifts, and what-not, because that will be further proof that she is being the aggressor.

I've said for a long time that we as a society need to get off of this idea that women are fragile little flowers incapable of doing real harm, including physical. That is pure BS x infinity. And female aggressiveness is anything but attractive.
I love this post. Very well said.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And that means what exactly? That her actions are OK because she may or may not be autistic?

See #2 above.

(Could you imagine if a boy got mace, stalked/tracked down a girl, confronted her, and then maced her in the face, and then had people say, hey he's probably autistic, that's why he did it?? Me neither.)
My son has autism and ADHD.

While his lack of control may be the cause of outbursts and bad behavior, they are certainly not an excuse. I've been teaching him this for years. He still has personal responsibility and must learn to make the right decisions, exercise patience, etc.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:39 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think you can buy mace in the US.
Probably some kind of pepper spray, or god knows what.

> "against men hitting women"

*sigh* someone attacks your son with mace and claws him, and you instantly put up disclaimers like this. We've turned into feminist wimps.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:48 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
can I please add that some of you know my story and I was a victim of my sisters ex bf who was visiting one night and I just happened to be there and he stabbed me repeatedly and killed my sister , I was left on a floor with a knife in me . They think what saved my life was that it had been so cold in the apt ,( my sister had the heat off )that when I was stabbed the wound got sealed but the knife was still in me when they put me in the ambulance . My sister was dead which I knew in the back of my mind . Luckily a neighbor had heard me hitting my boot on the floor and it must have bugged her because she was banging on the door and I yelled out help and she looked in the window and saw me and screamed at someone call the police , someone is dying . The detective that was there looked over me and said who stabbed you ? , you are not going to live long tell who did it . Well the paramedic said forget him and take a deep breathe and just enjoy the ride .I survived and I thank God every day . My point being you just never know about people , stalking is not harmless and neither is being a victim of anyone and crushes can turn deadly . You do what you have to , Op to protect your son and do it now .

Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
Ridiculous cases like that are why I suggested that the OP needs to be very careful if they want to report this girl to the police. Unfortunately, if she lies, they will likely believe the girl over him. Remember, as I posted a few days ago, I had a girl attack me specifically hoping to get caught so that se could falsely accuse me of attacking her.
She can't get away with lying. There was a witness to the whole thing. Plus, she used mace on the boy, AND scratched up his face. Now, if you were a woman and someone were assaulting you, as she might claim, you'd mace them and run, wouldn't you? You wouldn't stick around to scratch up their face.

She doesn't have a leg to stand on. Lying would only incriminate her further. Perjury.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:00 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
can I please add that some of you know my story and I was a victim of my sisters ex bf who was visiting one night and I just happened to be there and he stabbed me repeatedly and killed my sister , I was left on a floor with a knife in me . They think what saved my life was that it had been so cold in the apt ,( my sister had the heat off )that when I was stabbed the wound got sealed but the knife was still in me when they put me in the ambulance . My sister was dead which I knew in the back of my mind . Luckily a neighbor had heard me hitting my boot on the floor and it must have bugged her because she was banging on the door and I yelled out help and she looked in the window and saw me and screamed at someone call the police , someone is dying . The detective that was there looked over me and said who stabbed you ? , you are not going to live long tell who did it . Well the paramedic said forget him and take a deep breathe and just enjoy the ride .I survived and I thank God every day . My point being you just never know about people , stalking is not harmless and neither is being a victim of anyone and crushes can turn deadly . You do what you have to , Op to protect your son and do it now .
Congratulations on proving the detective wrong!

And, I assume they nailed the perp, and he's locked up for life? Was he surprised to see you alive and in the witness stand?

Old 12-09-2017, 10:22 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
I agree with others who recommended filing a police report, be sure to include the name and contact information of witnesses. Then I would see a lawyer and follow that professional's advice to obtain a restraining order. Personally once that has been done I would advise your son's school. Present a copy of the police report and the restraining order. They have an obligation to protect your son on school grounds.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Probably some kind of pepper spray, or god knows what.

> "against men hitting women"

*sigh* someone attacks your son with mace and claws him, and you instantly put up disclaimers like this. We've turned into feminist wimps.
Um, no, "not hitting women" is a chauvinist position.

As a feminist, I say treat her like a guy. As a pacifist, I say don't hit anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting