U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
 
3,530 posts, read 6,906,903 times
Reputation: 4514

Advertisements

This poor child has a mom willing to leave him with neighbors for 3 weeks to party and no father figure capable and/or available to take care of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2018, 06:54 AM
 
241 posts, read 74,467 times
Reputation: 1010
IMO, going on vacation for three weeks and leaving the child with another family so you can vacation and party is irresponsible. Parents need breaks. There are better ways to do it.

Agree with this.

If you want to travel with your girlfriends or as a couple alone and leave your kids behind then why not stay single or stay DINKS? Why have kids?

People can find justifications that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2018, 04:05 PM
 
1,331 posts, read 980,471 times
Reputation: 4300
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
IMO, going on vacation for three weeks and leaving the child with another family so you can vacation and party is irresponsible. Parents need breaks. There are better ways to do it.

Agree with this.

If you want to travel with your girlfriends or as a couple alone and leave your kids behind then why not stay single or stay DINKS? Why have kids?

People can find justifications that's for sure.
Nothing wrong with parents taking a trip without the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2018, 05:21 PM
 
347 posts, read 128,543 times
Reputation: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihseewnrds View Post
My friend has a 5 year old son and she wants to join me and another friend to go party and travel in Europe for 3 weeks.

She is a single mother, so she said she knows a family from her sonís school who said they will look after her son while she is gone.


Do you travel without your children?
No, I don't. We enjoy our vacations as a family. I can't imagine leaving a 5 year old for 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2018, 05:33 PM
 
69 posts, read 30,551 times
Reputation: 208
There is nothing wrong with taking a break and traveling without your kid. However, there is everything wrong with leaving your 5 year old with some family for three weeks so you can go party in Europe. It is irresponsible and dangerous - an invitation to get your child abused or worse. Some people have no common sense at all and should not have children. The longest I traveled without my son was for a 6-week long work training and I left him in care of his dad and my mom. We go away with my husband but never for longer than few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2018, 06:09 PM
 
Location: The analog world
15,143 posts, read 8,512,657 times
Reputation: 20358
Yes, I have, but never that far for that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2018, 10:57 AM
 
891 posts, read 546,576 times
Reputation: 1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Interestingly enough, many parents actually did leave their children for a year or sometimes more. Those in the upper classes would go on trips to Europe or America for months on end. Others left their homeland, leaving their families behind, to start a new life in another country.

To each his own is a great mantra for understanding that what works for me may not work for you.

Quite arrogant to believe only my way is the right way, wouldn't you say?
Just because different people do things different ways does not mean there is no right way to do something. Its the difference between us and animals.... we use our JUDGEMENT to make decisions.

Leaving a child for three weeks to go vacation/ party in Europe is not in the same realm as leaving your child behind to seek a better life in another country. Ask any parent that has had to do the latter how they feel about your comparison. Itís ludicrous imho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2018, 05:47 AM
 
27,985 posts, read 19,452,740 times
Reputation: 16461
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
Just because different people do things different ways does not mean there is no right way to do something. Its the difference between us and animals.... we use our JUDGEMENT to make decisions.

Leaving a child for three weeks to go vacation/ party in Europe is not in the same realm as leaving your child behind to seek a better life in another country. Ask any parent that has had to do the latter how they feel about your comparison. Itís ludicrous imho.
And you're entitled to your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2018, 01:00 PM
 
583 posts, read 244,627 times
Reputation: 2415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And you're entitled to your opinion.
You must be the mother in question, because you are way too invested in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2018, 04:31 AM
 
27,985 posts, read 19,452,740 times
Reputation: 16461
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
You must be the mother in question, because you are way too invested in this thread.
Great assumption!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top