Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 09:39 PM

426 posts, read 362,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Nonetheless, when a move is called for, a move is what should happen.

We moved several times. Second grade. Eighth grade, which was very difficult but I adjusted eventually.

Life is about adjusting to conditions.

Not doing that, or keeping kids, and yourselves for that matter, in a situation where a couple of head cases are one six-pack away from doing something that we read about in the newspaper, vs. moving your kids to a new school...the choice is clear.

Why do you think moving to a new school automatically results in no bad situations?

They could move next to a couple just as bad or the bad couple could get mad that they tried to run away, hunt them down, and hurt them 10x as bad as opposed to if they stayed.

If the couple was willing to break their windows down, something tells me they aren't going to just accept that their hated couple moved.

Is this other family willing to move 500 miles away? 5 miles away isn't going to cut it if the threat is as dangerous as everyone thinks.

If it is not a dangerous threat, why move in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't know why you're not packing right now! The first time there was an issue, I would have let the landlord know that if it continues that you'd be moving.

Do you move every 3 months?

Most people are locked into a long term lease with a 6 month rent penalty if you leave early.

Most people can't just swallow the 6 months rent like it's no big deal.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
If any kind of physical assault occurred and the police were called and a report was filed, even if you did not issue a complaint, then you have what you need to file a protective restraining order. That may not stop anything but it will result in felony assault charges, not just some simple misdemeanor.

It's also the kind of thing that can ignite a bad situation into an explosive situation.

If they're not going to move, you don't file a restraining order.

A criminal doesn't care about a piece of paper. They don't plan on getting caught.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:46 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Your kids are super young. Moving mid school year won’t be a big deal for them.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Your kids are super young. Moving mid school year won’t be a big deal for them.

How would you know?

Have you ever met them?

Old 12-19-2017, 09:53 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zesty2 View Post
How would you know?

Have you ever met them?
No, but I went through it. Millions of other children have survived it, and I teach elementary. It happens all the time.

How many fights have you picked today?

Old 12-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
No, but I went through it. Millions of other children have survived it, and I teach elementary. It happens all the time.

How many fights have you picked today?

Millions of people have dealt with unsavory neighbors too.

What does that prove exactly?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:34 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Millions of people have dealt with unsavory neighbors too.

What does that prove exactly?
That you personally were traumatized by a move (and I suspect it was NOT the move but other issues that, at that young age, you conflated with it in your mind) doesn't prove anything, either. Note that many other people on this thread (including myself) moved multiple times with no ill effects - you can't insist that we all go on your isolated experience rather than that of many others.

Are you an unsavory neighbor, perchance?

Old 12-20-2017, 07:01 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,562 times
Quote:
If people kill over lesser things, who's to say they won't move next to a couple that's just as bad?

Moving isn't like returning a dress. You can't just do it over and over and over.
Who's to say a meteor won't hit the earth in the next twenty seconds and obliterate everything? You don't stay in a bad situation just because the next one might be worse.

And technically you can move as many times as you like as long as you have the means to do so.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:14 AM

1,912 posts, read 3,224,804 times
Safety first...get out and don't look back...jmo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting