U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 11:07 AM

2,090 posts, read 1,047,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zesty2 View Post
Millions of people have dealt with unsavory neighbors too.

What does that prove exactly?
You know, this is about post #10 of your rather rude comments on other people's advice. Most people posting on this thread are trying to help the OP, not tear into the comments of others who are also trying to think of something that will help resolve her situation.

I don't think your comments are helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 06:18 PM

426 posts, read 139,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
You know, this is about post #10 of your rather rude comments on other people's advice. Most people posting on this thread are trying to help the OP, not tear into the comments of others who are also trying to think of something that will help resolve her situation.

I don't think your comments are helpful.

In order to help the first poster, we need to identify bad advice.

We don't want that poster thinking that bad advice is a good idea.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
Who's to say a meteor won't hit the earth in the next twenty seconds and obliterate everything? You don't stay in a bad situation just because the next one might be worse.

And technically you can move as many times as you like as long as you have the means to do so.

If that happens, none of this matters, so they might as well stay put.

My guess is if you're renting, they don't have the financial means to move much?

Otherwise, they'd just own their own home.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
That you personally were traumatized by a move (and I suspect it was NOT the move but other issues that, at that young age, you conflated with it in your mind) doesn't prove anything, either. Note that many other people on this thread (including myself) moved multiple times with no ill effects - you can't insist that we all go on your isolated experience rather than that of many others.

Are you an unsavory neighbor, perchance?

No, but there's plenty of unsavory neighbors in our area and we never considered moving because of them.

We just avoid them.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 AM

644 posts, read 770,289 times
I'm not even going to respond to the one moron on here who thinks it's acceptable to threaten a neighbor, nevertheless a woman. You my friend, must have come from the same hood school these characters come from. If that's how you speak to your neighbors, you deserve a punch too.

For the "poor" comment, I live in NY, and plenty of poor folks in my city can afford to "rent an apartment" at about 3 grand for a studio :rolleyes. Our rent is more then what people pay in other states for their mortage. We rent bc WE as a family made the decision for me to stay home with our children while they were small and did not have a downpayment yet at the time. So everything has it's price in life I guess.

And last but not least, we will be home owners next month!! After this post, my DH and I discussed everything and decided to try one more time looking for a home. Contacted out agent, set up 3 more showings and third time was a charm and we found our home and are currently under contract in the attorney review stage. So good riddens to next door! My oldest, whom I was concerned about moving out of state during the school year, is the most excited girl you have ever met. She wakes up every morning talking about her new playroom and going to the pool this summer, so I think she will be just ok =) And thanks for everyone on here for their helpful advice!

Old 01-12-2018, 06:59 AM

635 posts, read 223,659 times
Congrats! Glad to hear you'll be away from that situation soon.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM

8,540 posts, read 5,241,515 times
Congrats!

Old 01-12-2018, 07:18 AM

644 posts, read 770,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Congrats! Glad to hear you'll be away from that situation soon.
Thank you

Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM

15,502 posts, read 8,696,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
I'm not even going to respond to the one moron on here who thinks it's acceptable to threaten a neighbor, nevertheless a woman. You my friend, must have come from the same hood school these characters come from. If that's how you speak to your neighbors, you deserve a punch too.

For the "poor" comment, I live in NY, and plenty of poor folks in my city can afford to "rent an apartment" at about 3 grand for a studio :rolleyes. Our rent is more then what people pay in other states for their mortage. We rent bc WE as a family made the decision for me to stay home with our children while they were small and did not have a downpayment yet at the time. So everything has it's price in life I guess.

And last but not least, we will be home owners next month!! After this post, my DH and I discussed everything and decided to try one more time looking for a home. Contacted out agent, set up 3 more showings and third time was a charm and we found our home and are currently under contract in the attorney review stage. So good riddens to next door! My oldest, whom I was concerned about moving out of state during the school year, is the most excited girl you have ever met. She wakes up every morning talking about her new playroom and going to the pool this summer, so I think she will be just ok =) And thanks for everyone on here for their helpful advice!
Well, that is just terrific news! I was about to post "Move. NOW!" when I saw the update. So happy for you!

Old 01-14-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post

Is she staying in the same school district?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or