U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 PM

4,048 posts, read 1,700,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
To "frostnip" unfortunately now that CPS has separated me from the rest of the household, I have no direct input on the schooling for the stepson. It is dependent on his mom, who ...well she's not good at this stuff... I always had to manage that for her too. I worked, payed the rent, the electricity, cooking gas, food (including the comfort food items) dealt with all the school related issues for all 3 kids, took them places like zoos and museums ...while she continuously said, "I wasn't doing enough".
Apparently, neither are you...

And comfort food items?????? You can't be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 01:17 PM

972 posts, read 664,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post

Apparently I'm not, I'll entertain this. Perhaps I named it wrong, point I meant is I would get them.what they want because I want them to have to what they want...

I'm not understanding you...

Old 01-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Apparently I'm not, I'll entertain this. Perhaps I named it wrong, point I meant is I would get them.what they want because I want them to have to what they want...

To "BLDSoon" the finance part is on the level with all parties, so that's one less headache.

Many people have been supportive, and even some people who have had questions have been helpful too in some cases.

Well, to be truly honest, she probably would've left me at some point anyway, even without any of his bad behavior...

Old 01-09-2018, 01:40 PM

10,090 posts, read 6,476,052 times
Quote:

To "BLDSoon" the finance part is on the level with all parties, so that's one less headache.

Many people have been supportive, and even some people who have had questions have been helpful too in some cases.

Well, to be truly honest, she probably would've left me at some point anyway, even without any of his bad behavior...
Well you know I am a bit of a critic...just seeing where the step son sort of became the sacrificial lamb here. But no matter what, I am sorry you are going through all of this. I am sure it cant be easy on anyone. And...yeah, you cant put the marriage ending on one of the kids.

I hope everything works out for everyone involved.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well you know I am a bit of a critic...just seeing where the step son sort of became the sacrificial lamb here. But no matter what, I am sorry you are going through all of this. I am sure it cant be easy on anyone. And...yeah, you cant put the marriage ending on one of the kids.

I hope everything works out for everyone involved.
Well ...thanks. The marriage... I didn't make a good husband, emotionally... I see it now. I got hot-headed with the board because the manifestation of his behavior was the stepson... but, like I said he could be as well behaved as the other 2 and, she would have wanted to leave at some point. I really do want them to be good.

See, I didn't get to have a dad, or siblings, or grandparents. I had a mom, who I loved very much but, that was it. I had no blood family in the world, grew up in a tenement, and had less than 1 month's rent in the bank before I became an active duty Soldier for 7 years ...and I excelled. My personality made me an ideal fit for the military... less so for some personal relationships...

As it stands now, I still see my son more regularly than a lot of men with good relationships (due to our s--t economy), and stuff could be a lot worse, like that Army buddy in Cal I mentioned.

My son is healthy, he loves me, and he knows I love him. That's important and, more than many kids get to have.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:52 PM

4,048 posts, read 1,700,450 times
Quote:

I found it bizarre that you mentioned you were buying food including comfort foods as if it was some sort of award worthy thing...

Did CPS put you out?

In another thread you said you have a job and savings....why is your family on welfare?

Old 01-09-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I found it bizarre that you mentioned you were buying food including comfort foods as if it was some sort of award worthy thing...

Did CPS put you out?

In another thread you said you have a job and savings....why is your family on welfare?
They gave her the option, she can leave or she could stay in our househild and do the classes and stuff. This wasn't like some DV case where I forced her to leave or anything. It was shown on paper to be her choice. I asked a lawyer some of this same stuff, like; if she or I HAD to leave, I would be held liable far moreso, than if she CHOSE to leave.

As far as comfort foods being an award worthy thing, no. No it's not, it should be the standard, I was saying it feom the standpoint of a parent meeting standards vs. their original parents, who don't do some basic stuff...

Old 01-09-2018, 04:47 PM

3,463 posts, read 1,634,704 times
Quote:
They gave her the option, she can leave or she could stay in our househild and do the classes and stuff. This wasn't like some DV case where I forced her to leave or anything. It was shown on paper to be her choice. I asked a lawyer some of this same stuff, like; if she or I HAD to leave, I would be held liable far moreso, than if she CHOSE to leave.

As far as comfort foods being an award worthy thing, no. No it's not, it should be the standard, I was saying it feom the standpoint of a parent meeting standards vs. their original parents, who don't do some basic stuff...
The above still doesn't explain why your family is on welfare.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM

3,785 posts, read 8,750,012 times
Do you think she will fight you for custody of the 6 year old? Is so, why? Does she really want her son or is he a means to an end? This might give you some insight into how to fight her. I would not let her know I was planning to get full custody.

Regarding the stepson, I support your decision to only fight for your biological son.

As an aside, my brother had raised his step-son from the time the boy was about 2. He divorced his wife (the boy's mother) when the child was 10. The boy's father had been non-existent the entire time. My brother tried to sue for custody of the step-son and couldn't find a lawyer who would even touch the case. He could not even get visitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or