Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:41 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

What I'm wondering is, if American Heritage Girl requires troops to sell anything.

We sell cookies to some people but many more are dieting, can't have sugar, etc. I wish they'd create a sugar free cookie.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-21-2018 at 11:13 AM..

Old 01-01-2018, 11:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What I'm wondering is, if American Heritage Girl requires troops to sell anything.

We sell cookies to some people but many more are dieting, can't have sugar, etc. I wish they'd create a sugar free cookie.
I think I read on one of the links that they did sell food items in order to fundraise. The context was promoting that each troop kept a larger percentage of profits than GS cookies.

Didn't GS recently have a sugar free cookie? For some reason I thought they did.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:10 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,664,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Unfortunately there will always be some sort of fundraising. If you don’t want your daughter to sell cookies just say no. She won’t get the badge and you won’t be popular with the troop leader but she will get over it. Write a check for the average amount the troop would get from the sales and be done.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
And people should read deeply and carefully about what the GS of the USA support before they let their daughters join that too
Totally true. And before you break into that box of crackers give the nutrition label and ingredients list a good look. Likewise when buying a car, check out Consumer Reports and its safety record.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Girl Scouts has a gluten-free cookie called Toffee Tastic. But not a sugar free one. I asked about it, they said there wasn't one.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:04 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
This has nothing to do with your original post but many years ago when cookies went up to $1.75 a box a customer told me that the GS would never be able to sell cookies for that price. Here we are probably 40 years later and they are $4.00 a box, people in my area love GS cookies.
I was told they will be $5 a box this year. That said, if a GS does her own polite sales pitch and is behaving I am more then happy to buy a couple boxes in front of a store here and there.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:08 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
AHG:

Mission
"Building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country."

Vision
American Heritage Girls is the premier national character development organization for young women that embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement.

Inclusion Policy
All biological girls of any color, creed, race, national origin and socioeconomic status who agree to live according to the standards of the AHG Oath and the AHG Creed are invited to be members of American Heritage Girls.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:18 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
AHG:

Mission
"Building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country."

Vision
American Heritage Girls is the premier national character development organization for young women that embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement.

Inclusion Policy
All biological girls of any color, creed, race, national origin and socioeconomic status who agree to live according to the standards of the AHG Oath and the AHG Creed are invited to be members of American Heritage Girls.
...any creed as long as it stands by the following "Statement of Faith":

Quote:
American Heritage Girls is a Christ-centered leadership and character development ministry. The following Statement of Faith applies to all American Heritage Girls Charter Organizations and Adult Members.

"We believe that there is one Triune God – Father; Jesus Christ, His one and only Son; and the Holy Spirit – Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We believe each person is created in His image for the purpose of communing with and worshipping God. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who enables us to live godly lives. We believe that each of us as an individual is called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength; and collectively to love our neighbors as ourselves. We believe God calls us to lives of purity, service, stewardship, and integrity."
I tend to get the heebie-jeebies when "purity" is listed...and before integrity, stewardship and service even...*shudder*. I have visions of those purity balls where shiny, creepy dads present their daughters with purity rings after extracting a vow to remain pure until marriage.

Last edited by maciesmom; 01-01-2018 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-01-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
AHG:

That seemed strange to me at first, then I realized it's purpose is to exclude transgender children.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:46 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,664,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I was told they will be $5 a box this year. That said, if a GS does her own polite sales pitch and is behaving I am more then happy to buy a couple boxes in front of a store here and there.
I agree I always buy a few boxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting