Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:43 PM

676 posts, read 711,343 times

Advertisements

Things are going ok for now. My daughter is in the process of moving out. My grandsons father doesn’t know she is pregnant, but is aware that my daughter is leaving, and that their relationship is over. So far so good. No outbursts. He’s actually been quite mellow for now. And one thing I will say, he does adore his son, and I truly believe he would never hurt him. He hasn’t thus far. He’s only hit my daughter when drunk, not that that’s ok. It is not. But my grandson is well cared for I must say.

Thanks for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 09:52 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,689,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post

I guess I'm just asking for support and confirmation that my not willing to help her is ok.
It's ok.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:41 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,685,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Things are going ok for now. My daughter is in the process of moving out. My grandsons father doesn’t know she is pregnant, but is aware that my daughter is leaving, and that their relationship is over. So far so good. No outbursts. He’s actually been quite mellow for now. And one thing I will say, he does adore his son, and I truly believe he would never hurt him. He hasn’t thus far. He’s only hit my daughter when drunk, not that that’s ok. It is not. But my grandson is well cared for I must say.
Sorry, but this child is NOT being well cared for. A child who see's his drunk father physically and mentally abuse his mother is being abused by proxy.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:49 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,571,495 times
At 27 she is not your problem any more. She is an adult and she needs to start acting like one. I wouldn’t loan her fifty cents. Tell her she needs to find help somewhere else and for god sakes get on birth control or tell her to get her tubes tied. We don’t need anymore unwanted kids.You need to use some tough love. She needs to find a job and learn how to earn her own money and take care of herself and children. She can’t depend on a man or you to support her through life.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:36 PM

676 posts, read 711,343 times
Tominftl, thanks for your reply. I agree with everything you have said. It confirmed my belief, which is what I wanted. The only thing I don't agree with, and it seems people are just making very untrue assumptions, is that the children are unwanted. LIKE I SAID, MY GRANDSON IS DEFINITELY WANTED!!! She could have an abortion but would never consider that so I wouldn't say the children are "another unwanted child". And who is "We"???

LIZZYSWW: EXCUSE ME!!!!!! You don't know me or my grandson. You are just making assumptions. What part don't you understand that my grandson is a beautifully loved little boy. I already said his father doesn't abuse my daughter in front of him. He loves him that much, whether you believe that or not!!!

I ALREADY GOT CONFIRMATION THAT MY THOUGHTS WERE CORRECT. I DONT NEED ANY MORE RESPONSES. Like I stated before, I'm good.

Once again I thank you for all your replies. You have helped me with my question, and my sincere thanks.

Would you be so kind as to find another thread to give your advice to. This mission is accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting