Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I was at the pediatricians office with annie and her granddaughter and the granddaughter had her check up mom is at work so they had asked annie to take her . So while we were sitting there I heard one of the pediatricians tell the parent that they must get rid of their animals because their child was being infected by the dog and the cat in the house . Then he proceeds to tell the parent that he hates animals around kids they are nasty and they are infection breeders !!! I kid you not , I almost hit the floor . Had that been my pediatrician my kids would not being going back there . Something wrong with someone who supposedly likes children but hates animals in my opinion . Annie said she is going to let her son in law and her daughter know how this guy acts and what he said . Knowing annies daughter and son in law like I do I think this pediatrician probably lost a couple of patients .
Well, I like animals but I'm not crazy about children, so I don't really see what's weird about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 12:17 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
First off annie is a dear friend and no her granddaughter was there getting a check up . Annies daughter was at work and yes the pediatrician was talking to another family out in the waiting room . I thought very bad of that too . But these people looked very clean and their kids looked fine . The father was telling Annie that they were there for a check up and the kids looked fine in my opinion . No visible rashes , no sneezing . You guys get what I'm saying . Annie told me in the car that this pediatrician told her daughter and her son in law they needed to get rid of their dog too . Annie told me he has a hatred for pets in general and her granddaughter usually does not see that dr because her daughter cant stand him . So far that is all I know I just did not want to make the post so long no one would read it .
I think it is very confusing for people to read posts with names in them, even if you post a lot. Very few people will remember "Annie" is "phonelady61's" best friend. So that is why people would write instead;
"My close friend had to take her grandkids to the doctor so I decided to go with her".

Anyways, it sounds like they know already. In my kid's clinic there are 3 doctors. We usually see 1, but occasionally have to see the others. One who is a nightmare. But still, if its an emergency, you have to see that doc. I'm a grown up and I can handle dealing with a doc for a short time to get my kid in, even if I don't agree with them. Sounds like your friend's daughter can manage it too.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,074 times
That doc sounds like an idiot, and apparently also has no concern for the privacy of his patients. There are so many good pediatricians around, no need to continue to see a bad one.

Last edited by CatTX; 01-05-2018 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 01-06-2018, 08:45 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Maybe the pediatrician treated a lot of kids with dog or cat bites. I've heard so many pets biting babies and kids on the news through out the years, my kids didn't have a pet till they were in grade school and when I started babysitting my great nephew who was a newborn baby I watched my dog like a hawk. I loved that old dog and he wasn't a biter but he wasn't use to children. Pets are adorable and make great companions but they are still animals.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:23 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
This post is a magnum opus of trollism.

Kids and pets.

Let's see how long it takes for posters to start fighting.

Carry on.

To the OP, punctuation and proper grammar are your friends.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:58 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
This post is a magnum opus of trollism.

Kids and pets.

Let's see how long it takes for posters to start fighting.

Carry on.

To the OP, punctuation and proper grammar are your friends.
5 pages and not even a spark. I don't think its going to cause any fighting, honestly.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:30 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Maybe the pediatrician treated a lot of kids with dog or cat bites. I've heard so many pets biting babies and kids on the news through out the years, my kids didn't have a pet till they were in grade school and when I started babysitting my great nephew who was a newborn baby I watched my dog like a hawk. I loved that old dog and he wasn't a biter but he wasn't use to children. Pets are adorable and make great companions but they are still animals.
Did you read the original post ??
The Dr's reasons were that pets are nasty and cause infections.

Does make me wonder if the poster misheard the Dr though.
Because cat scratches are certainly infection prone.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:35 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
This type thing is why I prefer Dr's that have my same cultural background.
People from other cultures have a different basis for decisions and that can affect
diagnosis and treatments.

I am not saying either culture is better than the other, just very different.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:18 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Did you read the original post ??
The Dr's reasons were that pets are nasty and cause infections.

Does make me wonder if the poster misheard the Dr though.
Because cat scratches are certainly infection prone.
Yes I read the post! Geez my dad had to give away the family cat because it made me sick.... I could have word it better but what I said wasn't based on just this doctors opinion

Old 01-06-2018, 03:27 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
Yes I read the post! Geez my dad had to give away the family cat because it made me sick.... I could have word it better but what I said wasn't based on just this doctors opinion
There's a local vet who loves dogs so much in spite of a severe allergy to them that he became a vet. He's quite old now and retired, but what a man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting