U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 06:28 AM

7,051 posts, read 16,720,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
By the time he is 18 years old (2036) boys will be suing their parents for "genital mutilation" without their consent. Want your retirement nest egg taken away?
Parents are allowed to make all decisions for there children before they are of legal age, so this will never become a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 08:14 AM

736 posts, read 387,400 times
Uncircumsized men look like they have a little sausage down there. It that loose end. It looks like the sausage casing should be tied> CASINGS

Old 01-10-2018, 08:31 AM

8,002 posts, read 5,171,018 times
Let him wear it off like you did.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:39 AM

15,113 posts, read 8,493,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
Uncircumsized men look like they have a little sausage down there. It that loose end. It looks like the sausage casing should be tied> CASINGS
That's normal. It's not a design flaw.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:54 AM

4,293 posts, read 2,553,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Your son would probably like to look like you, and you might get an odd question or two early on if he doesn't.
I hear quite a few doctors use this line on fathers. If your son doesn't look like you, then perhaps the doctor isn't the person you should be talking to, eh?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:02 AM

8,542 posts, read 8,648,789 times
I believe the trend is away from circumcision.

I myself am circumcised, and when my son was almost here, I had already decided to circumcise him. The day he was born, and I had him in my arms and they asked me if I wanted to circumcise him, I thought about it and decided against it.

Didn't see a reason to subject him to that for purely cosmetic reasons.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:16 PM

5,328 posts, read 2,757,689 times
Don't do it. Its a barbaric practice that started with religion and ended up in America with anti-sex prudism. The fact that its down routinely to baby boys in this country is appalling. Hopefully the growing Latino demographics will lead to a cultural shift.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I really think this is a decision the parents need to make together. But its just to contentious of a topic...

This thread will go sideways with fighting and be closed. You can do a lot of research online, but be prepared to be terrified by the people against it. There is a lot of propaganda out there.

Just know, it is up to you and your wife and talk it out together. There really isn't a "right" answer. It does decrease disease and disease transmission. And some people find it more appealing. But then there are people who think its the worst thing you can do, and they have their reasons.

I'm always perplexed by why anyone would bring up the word "appealing" to describe a baby boy's penis. Appealing to who? Its a child's penis, it better not be "appealing" to anyone. Gross.

It does not decrease disease and disease transmission that is BS. Wearing a condom does. There's a few things it does "decrease" but nothing proper washing won't fix. This shouldn't be a decision left up to the parents, this should be left up to the owner of the penis to make when he is 18 or older. Its his body, needs to be his choice. There's such a double standard when it comes to the body of boys. Leave them alone.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
It does have medical benefits. Decreases the risk of HIV and HPV. Yes, he could use a condom, and he and his partners can be immunized against HPV. But if all men used condoms, there would be no unplanned babies, so we all know how likely that is!

It definitely decreases the risk of urinary tract infection. It also eliminates the risk of infection under the foreskin. I have seen many boys who needed circumcision outside the newborn period because of repeated infections under the foreskin, too tight foreskin that interferes with erections and sexual activity, or recurrent UTIs. And I've heard from nurses in nursing homes that at the other end of life, uncircumcised men have a lot of trouble again with infections and UTIs.

Still, the likelihood is that if you don't circumcise him, he won't ever need to have it done, probably only about a 5% chance. And enough immigrant groups don't circumcise, that he won't be the only one in the high school gym class who's not circumcised. My personal recommendation is to do it, especially for the halved risk of contracting HIV if exposed.
I have never ever seen another boy's penis in the locker room in high school, ever. Yet again, I also never used locker room showers (gross.) This isn't the 1980s anymore, kids don't go around walking around naked in locker rooms, at least not in my experience or in the experience of anyone I know. Honestly, I don't know why any kid would be looking anyway.

Everything about "health benefits" is so bogus, anyway. I wasn't circumcised (also not born in America) and guess how many problems I have had from having a foreskin? Zero. However I do experience more sexual pleasure from more nerve endings and healthy natural lubrication. I've only been with one circumcised guy ever (who wishes he wasn't) and we had to use lube for something that uncircumcised guys never use lube for. Not only are those "health benefits" utter crap, you're basically ruining someone's future sex life.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
Mine was, and I am glad my parents did. 10/10 would snip again.

How long did you have a foreskin for, hun? Unless you spent an adolescence with a foreskin and then snipped, you have as much a dog in this fight as my grandma. Would snip again? LOL snip what? You making steaks with sauteed mushrooms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or