U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:25 PM

5,332 posts, read 2,762,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I hear quite a few doctors use this line on fathers. If your son doesn't look like you, then perhaps the doctor isn't the person you should be talking to, eh?
Lol this whole "he should look like his dad" argument is ridiculous. I'm gonna adopt children anyway. One of my sons might even be black. Who cares if he looks like me? He's my son. He's an individual, not a carbon copy of me anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 01:33 PM

189 posts, read 68,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
How long did you have a foreskin for, hun? Unless you spent an adolescence with a foreskin and then snipped, you have as much a dog in this fight as my grandma. Would snip again? LOL snip what? You making steaks with sauteed mushrooms?

Myself and my wife think things look great down there. Believe me after being in healthcare for as long as myself and my wife have been, I have zero regrets my parents did the procedure, and why I did it for my son. If you have a daughter, I hope you didn't mutilate her earlobes with earings!

Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 PM

9,928 posts, read 9,154,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I have never ever seen another boy's penis in the locker room in high school, ever. Yet again, I also never used locker room showers (gross.) This isn't the 1980s anymore, kids don't go around walking around naked in locker rooms, at least not in my experience or in the experience of anyone I know. Honestly, I don't know why any kid would be looking anyway.

Everything about "health benefits" is so bogus, anyway. I wasn't circumcised (also not born in America) and guess how many problems I have had from having a foreskin? Zero. However I do experience more sexual pleasure from more nerve endings and healthy natural lubrication. I've only been with one circumcised guy ever (who wishes he wasn't) and we had to use lube for something that uncircumcised guys never use lube for. Not only are those "health benefits" utter crap, you're basically ruining someone's future sex life.
I've been with both circumcised and uncircumcised men. Neither had any complaints sexually. They seemed to enjoy themselves very much. On my end, no complaints either. Neither had any regrets. My circumcised husband is happy with his equipment as-is. Honestly, I've yet to meet a guy who regretted being circumcised or uncircumcised. Circumcision was really a total non-issue.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,344,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRiteMA98 View Post

I recommend you to watch that episode from "sex and the city" where one of the girls has a boyfriend who became circumcised later on in life and left her to enjoy his new found 'freedom'.
Seriously? Sex and the City is a TV show, not based in reality.

The guy was an ass, with or without a foreskin.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,100,833 times
I'm originally from Australia where circumcision isn't commonly practiced anymore. All of my children were born here in the U.S and I chose to keep both of my boys intact.

While circumcision still seems to be the norm here in the Midwest, it is definitely declining in the more liberal areas. I read a statistic a couple of years ago which asserted that it was the first year in which slightly more parents were opting to not circumcise their sons than circumcise them.

I believe it will slowly become less common, as it has done in other countries.

With modern hygeine standards, there is really no reason for a boy to be circumcised.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:09 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,100,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've been with both circumcised and uncircumcised men. Neither had any complaints sexually. They seemed to enjoy themselves very much. On my end, no complaints either. Neither had any regrets. My circumcised husband is happy with his equipment as-is. Honestly, I've yet to meet a guy who regretted being circumcised or uncircumcised. Circumcision was really a total non-issue.
All of this.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:55 PM

430 posts, read 139,406 times
Not a parent, but two brothers and one was snipped. He was because we found out he was autistic in the womb and they felt it'll be better to help him keep clean. The other isn't and he doesn't care. I did ask when he was learning about it in class (baby development and they brought this up) and he just joked about it and said he's cool with it.

Can't say for myself, I wasn't born with a trunk, but if I have a son I wouldn't want him to be cut. He should make that decision if he ever wants to be.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:13 AM

6,077 posts, read 5,090,685 times
Oldest grandson was circumcised. My daughter (his mom) was against it, but her DH won out (with backup from his mother). I just raised girls, so I had no dog in the fight.

Youngest grandson was born with hyperspadia (sp?). He had to have reconstructive surgery on his penis (the hole was underneath instead of the tip). They did not circumcise him at birth, but instead removed the foreskin and used the tissue in the reconstructive surgery when he was 8 months old.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:32 AM

2,965 posts, read 1,141,139 times
male friends tell me that that little flap they cut off has nerve endings that provide more pleasure.
So if you want your son happy, don't cut it.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:59 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,543,706 times
IMO, there are just two issues to circumcision.

1, cleanliness and risk of infection

2, kids and teens are cruel and being teased when boys are intact, (turtle head is one name that comes to mind)

We had our two sons done before they left the hospital after they were born.

Some people call it mutilation. Nonsense. Sure there is pain, but so are the needles they get and neither of them cried any harder or longer for the circumcision than they did for the needles. Even with all the hype about NOT getting them done, we'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or