U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 09:05 AM

14,884 posts, read 15,586,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Chris View Post
That's what I was told and he clearly came out different. I vaguely remember doctors and nurses in and out of our house at a young age and, reading doctors notes, he wasn't supposed to live past two. So you could've PM'd me about this particular concern of yours, rather than acting like what I said was scientific fact. I wanted to make sure any lurkers would know that.

So regardless, I don't really know the specifics of WHEN the realized he was but it was clear he was immediately and he was cut as soon as he was born.
It's not a *concern of mine.* It is a scientific fact. My grandson has autism. There is no in utero test for autism at this point. There might be in the future.

Whatever he had, it was not known to be autism in the womb. Also, autism is generally not a death sentence with the child not living past age 2. While it is true that autistic people have a less than average life span, that is usually not due to their autism, but to other conditions that they may have. They also commit suicide more often due to being bullied.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...at-younger-age

Quote:
The general population, according to the Autistica report, also tends to have better overall health than people with ASD.

People with ASD may experience a variety of medical problems, such as gastrointestinal disorders. However, one of the most common is heart disease.

There’s no scientific evidence to explain why this condition is so common with autism, but Fournier says stress may have a lot to do with it.

Bullying may lead to feelings of alienation. Other people with ASD may experience sensory overload and sensitivity to noise and bright light.

The stress of engaging with other people or going on a job interview may also be overwhelming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 31 times
I highly recommend circumcision.
The baby experiences brief pain and the parents
Must carefully follow healing instructions but
It is zero issue for rest if the child's life.
It's personal preference

Old 01-12-2018, 10:14 AM

3,083 posts, read 2,501,710 times
Most of the world does not circumcise and no one's penises are falling off. It's a cultural practice that is losing steam here in the USA. We chose not to circumcise after doing the research (my husband is circumcised). I also have adult family members who are not circumcised, and it does not seem to have impeded them in any way. I will say that I watched those family members go through a "dirty young teen boy" phase and that my son also went through the same phase of not wanting to shower and barely washing his hair when he was 12/13/14 years old. No problems. If boys were meant to have foreskins, they'd be born with them.

Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM

452 posts, read 419,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post

As for culturally -
A Saudi friend said Saudi's do get circumcised.
She said it was the Indian (India) population that doesn't. It's not a Muslim thing. It's more a cultural regional issue.
Indians Muslims circumcise. Indians of other faith do not.

@OP: Circumcising as a way of assimilation sounds weird to me, considering that a male penis spends most of it's life hidden by clothes.

If another kid HAS to bully your kid, the easiest differentiator is the color of skin (from your name, I presume you are non white, sorry if you're not). Would you have a cosmetic surgery to alter your kid's complexion too?

Assimilation with the US society should be in terms of solid work ethic, acceptance of people who come from different spheres of life and places and new ideas, and tolerance towards people.

Last edited by nirvana07; Yesterday at 02:08 PM..

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
I hear quite a few doctors use this line on fathers. If your son doesn't look like you, then perhaps the doctor isn't the person you should be talking to, eh?
Well, I took this line rather seriously, decided to agree with the doc and NOT circumcise my kid. He should look like me, right?

Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
Men who were snipped in mid life say it feels better to them also, something about friction.
Can circumcised males masturbate with out using lube? Coz uncircumcised males can.

Old Today, 12:50 AM

2,259 posts, read 1,455,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventud Guerrero View Post
Yes exactly! But in my experience it was still an issue when I was growing up 10+ years ago. Being uncircumcised marked you as an unassimilated poorer immigrant which was not a thing to be proud of. I'm not sure if it has changed in my area or not but I get the feeling it probably hasn't.

That's why I always thought it was something very important to have done to your son to make sure he was in touch with American culture, I'm glad I posted on here though because it seems that it isn't like that in all parts of the country; maybe it's something unique to the cultural dynamics in the region where I live?

"American culture" is manifested by a lot of things, none of them concerned with what your penis looks like. Just what was your "experience" that was such an issue? You've piqued my interest. If you're talking 50 - 60 years ago, uncircumcised (up north of the Mason Dixon, HS locker room) usually meant you were a hillbilly, of Greek extraction, or born at home. So what? So, just who was looking at your penis, and exactly what caused this trauma?

The mere fact that many US parents skip the circumcision thing these days means that it isn't all that uncommon to be uncut in the US anymore, no matter what your background. In his lifetime, it'll be even more so. I say No - don't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting