Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather...
A 39 76.47%
B 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 05:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
A.

“takes honors classes, has an after-school/weekend/summer job, participates in lots of extracarriculars, volunteers a lot”

With all that how would he/she have time for sex?

Teenagers...not like it takes a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 10:06 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
A.

“takes honors classes, has an after-school/weekend/summer job, participates in lots of extracarriculars, volunteers a lot”

Maybe the sex is the part-time job?

A for me.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 PM

174 posts, read 113,111 times
Quote:
A.

I did that in high school. I still had a ton of free time.

I'm also still a 24 year old virgin. I also don't smoke and don't really drink. I also volunteer a lot. Am 10 lbs overweight though. no one likes a fatty.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Quote:
A.

We found time .

Old 01-25-2018, 03:56 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
It depends.

Which one is happy?

Why is B in the position they are in?

Which one is loving?

What chores is A doing?

Which one is in tune with God?

What is their personality like? Are the snotty? Distant? Rude? Sweet? Narcissistic? Condescending?

Do both of them bathe regularly?

I think I would lean towards B. First off I would never see A and not really know them. They would have not time for their family at all. I can take B camping (no phone service!). A is too busy. I can sit and chat with B (at least through text) A is too busy for that too. A is a tenant, not a family member.

If A smokes in the house that means they are not even living in my house. Where are they living? Do I ever see them or talk to them?

Is A having group sex at home? Furry Parties? Sex with trees (the new Eco-Sexual thing). Sleeping with octogenarians? BDSM set up in their bedroom? I know I am not supposed to care, but it would make a difference to me.

Which one eats tide pods. I would probably choose the one that does not eat tide pods.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:35 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,084,131 times
I’ll take the goody-two-shoes slacker.

Its a lot easier to fix a lack of motivation than it is to fix an addictive/self-indulgent personality, no matter how intelligent/ driven.

Statistically the future does not bode well for kids that are already actively drinking (and smoking? Teens still do that?) at SIXTEEN.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:57 PM

426 posts, read 362,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I chose A. While I would prefer that teenagers not smoke, drink or be sexually active, if they are straight A students, work part time, volunteer, do chores etc. etc. I really doubt that they are doing an excessive amount of any of those other things.

My children are now adults and while I do not know when they lost their virginity (?16, ?17, ?18) I do know that they occasionally smoked and occasionally had a beer or two and they turned out to be great adults. They studied hard in school, had part time jobs, were active in many extra-curricular activities, volunteered, did chores so there was little time left over for those three vices.

Why didn't you ask them when they lost their virginity?

I agree with A though because the potential is there.

If need be, you could make the kid do a breathlyzer test every day and a drug test every week to prevent those 2 things.

If the kid is inherently lazy and uneducated, there's not much you can do there to fix that.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Teenagers...not like it takes a long time.

It takes a long time to find a decent partner.

The morally deficient people who would get with anyone won't be in the same social circles as people in the A category.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatomicbomb90 View Post
I did that in high school. I still had a ton of free time.

I'm also still a 24 year old virgin. I also don't smoke and don't really drink. I also volunteer a lot. Am 10 lbs overweight though. no one likes a fatty.

You had a ton of free time because you had no social life, which means no one you'd want to be with knew you.

If you had a social life with all that, there's no way you'd have time for a relationship too.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLDSoon View Post
I’ll take the goody-two-shoes slacker.

Its a lot easier to fix a lack of motivation than it is to fix an addictive/self-indulgent personality, no matter how intelligent/ driven.

Statistically the future does not bode well for kids that are already actively drinking (and smoking? Teens still do that?) at SIXTEEN.

I couldn't disagree more.

Trying to make a lazy kid care is the hardest thing about working with kids because anything you use to punish them is irrelevant because they don't care.

A self indulgent personality is easy to steer because you have so many elements you can remove that they care about to point them in the right direction.

I know a girl who was drinking and doing drugs at 11 and she goes to a top university now with a tough major. It looks like she's still addicted to the drinking and drugs though.

But her future's probably fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting