U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:18 AM

5,775 posts, read 4,752,760 times

Advertisements

Oldest DD drew a mural of stick people on my cream colored living room carpet with a squeeze bottle of Hershey's syrup. She normally was such a good kid, so this was out of character. When asked "WHY????", answer was, "I was bored". She was 4 at the time.

Youngest DD, at age 2, finger painted her room with BM. I cleaned it up, stripped the bed and washed the pillows, sheets, blanket, spread, mattress cover...and was still smelling it. It was on the dust ruffle and curtains, too. She was pretty thorough.

DH (without my knowledge) bought oldest DD a spin art set. She played with it while I was at work and didn't put it away. Youngest DD (age 2) opened the bottles of paint and decided to do a masterpiece on the bedroom carpet (cream colored, like the living room). She didn't know any better, but I sure lit into her older sister (for not putting it away) and DH (who was supposed to be watching the kids, and for buying the d**n spin art set in the first place).

At about the same age, youngest DD used my brand new red "Lip Sexy" lipstick as a crayon to draw on my bedroom wallpaper and sheets. DH was "supposed" to be watching her, of course.

In hindsight, they never gave us any trouble in their teen years (drugs, cigarettes, liquor, sex), so we made out pretty well. They are now 32 and 26...and youngest is a graphic artist!

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 02-10-2018 at 06:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2018, 08:48 AM

13,894 posts, read 11,906,968 times
I had moved to Switzerland with my youngest and I put her into the International School for middle school. My oldest was in college stateside. Oldest was visiting during summer break once when I had to go back to the US for a week on business, so I put her in charge of the youngest.

About the middle of the week, I got a call from the IS principal that my youngest hadn't been to school all week. Turns out, she had been leaving in the morning as if to catch the train to school, but then sneaking back in the house and somehow evading her older sister for the entire day! Then she would pretend to "come home" in the afternoon.

It was nuts. I wanted to knock both their heads together. Never been so mad!

Old 02-11-2018, 02:03 PM

2,734 posts, read 2,803,073 times
Hid snakes in his bedroom dresser. He and his buddy were about 9 years old, had found a nest of harmless baby snakes in the woods under a rock, brought them home and hid them in his dresser drawer. He was then about to go to a sleepover, leaving the snakes. I knew he was up to something, grilled him, and finally he blurted out, "I'm sorry I lied, there are snakes in my drawer!" I had to go into another room so that he wouldn't see me cracking up laughing; it was such a 9 year old boy thing to do! Made him put the snakes back in their nesting site, then made him watch his baby brother at home (while we were there) after school and on the weekend for a week as punishment, I think. Wasn't much punishment, since he loved playing with his baby brother, anyway.

I thought it was hilarious at the time. But it turned out to be in consonance with his future character, which unfortunately he gets from me.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

430 posts, read 110,457 times
Masterbating

I don't have kids.. but I figured I'd say what everyone wouldn't

Old Today, 09:13 AM

317 posts, read 120,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Masterbating

That’s more embarrassing and awkward.

I’d have to think of things my children have done. My middle got a C on a test and was sent a note home saying that they had to have a parent sign it. Well she forged my signature (poorly) and was caught. She was grounded for 2 weeks. I doubt she’ll ever pull that one again.

Old Today, 10:40 AM

8,265 posts, read 2,177,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezball View Post
I had prepared a meal for my daughter and set her down at the table with her food. I ran to the restroom, and when I came back, I found her feeding the dogs some of her food. I was very cross!

LOL,

I found my 2 year old daughter eating the dried cat food out of the bowl. The sad part is she liked it and I had to start placing the cat food up on the counter so she wouldn't get it! It will a funny story to tell at her wedding! (just kidding)! She's now almost 12 and I can honestly say she really hasn't done anything bad, she's a good kid!

Old Today, 05:14 PM

9,446 posts, read 5,539,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Masterbating

How is that wrong at all? Its normal, healthy, and extremely common. As long as they are private about it, and clean up, there is NOTHING wrong with it.

If you think there is...kind of glad you don't have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting