U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 AM
 
29,919 posts, read 11,215,881 times
Reputation: 19163

Advertisements

Take screenshots of the texts.

Encourage your son to ignore her. Maybe talk with him about identifying and dealing with crazy people.

If it doesn't stop, contact the school and ask them to set up a meeting with the girl and the parents. Bring the screenshots.

Hope this blows over soon,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2018, 11:42 AM
 
24,580 posts, read 22,518,736 times
Reputation: 14634
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yes of course I know her name.

My son only has one social media platform...she was on it for a little while but doesn't follow him
now.
before you go to anyone, sit down and discuss this with your son, tell him you wanted to know how he feels about you contacting her parents, tell him your concerns...and let him know, your not looking for his approval but before you did anything, you wanted to know what his feelings are about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 12:20 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
12,699 posts, read 17,042,969 times
Reputation: 21298
Okay I'm back when I read this to my sister who is a life coach and she says this girl sounds unstable and maybe you should say something to the guidance counselor , because some kids cant handle rejection and they might retaliate against the person whom they believe to be the reason they are unhappy . Yes be proud of your son he is turning into a fine young man and I'm sure that is because of you . I would still keep an eye out and for Gods sake don't get rid of that stuff on his phone put it in a gallery or something in case you need it at a later date . God bless you both .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 01:04 PM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,717,393 times
Reputation: 4232
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Okay I'm back when I read this to my sister who is a life coach and she says this girl sounds unstable and maybe you should say something to the guidance counselor , because some kids cant handle rejection and they might retaliate against the person whom they believe to be the reason they are unhappy . Yes be proud of your son he is turning into a fine young man and I'm sure that is because of you . I would still keep an eye out and for Gods sake don't get rid of that stuff on his phone put it in a gallery or something in case you need it at a later date . God bless you both .
Oh wow, thanks. And thanks for the compliments as well.

My son is home sick today...so no updates.

My son thinks (and I agree) that if he hears or sees anything else, that will be the time to approach somebody. Until then we are just holding steady here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 02:49 PM
 
5,234 posts, read 7,449,033 times
Reputation: 9200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Find out who the parents are and speak with them.

And in the future, KNOW the parents.
Some might consider me to be overly strict because I have never let my kids go to a friendís house, or to a movie, the mall, etc. unless I met the parents first. This has always been the case whether they were 4 years old or 14.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 03:59 PM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,717,393 times
Reputation: 4232
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Some might consider me to be overly strict because I have never let my kids go to a friendís house, or to a movie, the mall, etc. unless I met the parents first. This has always been the case whether they were 4 years old or 14.
That might well be prudent. However, in our case, they never actually WENT anywhere. It's not like I could prevent them from seeing each other at school. Also we invited them to dinner. All we got was a "no". That is not our approach to parenting, but that's how it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 04:19 PM
 
426 posts, read 124,500 times
Reputation: 1328
Poor boy. His sweet little attempts to be a boyfriend too....

I would tell him, heck, have his father tell him Son, we need to sift a lot of gravel in life to find a diamond. Advise him to move on and just block the text messages (after you have alerted the authorities).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 05:07 PM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,717,393 times
Reputation: 4232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
Poor boy. His sweet little attempts to be a boyfriend too....

I would tell him, heck, have his father tell him Son, we need to sift a lot of gravel in life to find a diamond. Advise him to move on and just block the text messages (after you have alerted the authorities).
I know, right?

He said with all the gifts and notes and candy he gave her, she would say "oh you are so sweet and you make my life better..."

Next thing he knew he was accused of being the boyfriend from hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 05:30 PM
 
426 posts, read 124,500 times
Reputation: 1328
This is immature teenage girl drama. Maybe he could get used to it, don't look at it, not take it personally and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2018, 05:31 PM
 
3,355 posts, read 2,717,393 times
Reputation: 4232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackberryMerlot View Post
This is immature teenage girl drama. Maybe he could get used to it, don't look at it, not take it personally and move on.
He's not in any hurry to get another "girlfriend", I'll tell you that. (Which is OK by me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top