U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM

16,316 posts, read 15,610,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
wow why would you want to encourage your child to go to an out of state school and rack up some debt that she will likely be paying off well into her late twentys ? no don't encourage that . Let her go to school in your local area and not rack up some much debt in school loans . My god my brother had thousands in school loan debt and it took him quite a long while to pay it off . Please think ahead to ten to fifteen years down the road .
BTW, I know quite a few people who did not finish paying off their student loans until their mid thirties. Not everyone gets a great job right out of college (or can live with their parents for free while they are paying down their loans).

I do agree that it is best to keep student loans as low as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 AM

794 posts, read 385,283 times
Iíd like to live in Chicago or Vegas. Maybe when she finishes 8th grade we may move. Both of those public school systems suck. My daughter is very smart and is in the International Baccalaureate program. Maybe she could qualify for a magnet school. Itís already hard being a single parent but my aunt helps. I donít know how Iím supposed to do it totally by myself.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:53 PM

15,201 posts, read 16,656,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
Iíd like to live in Chicago or Vegas. Maybe when she finishes 8th grade we may move. Both of those public school systems suck. My daughter is very smart and is in the International Baccalaureate program. Maybe she could qualify for a magnet school. Itís already hard being a single parent but my aunt helps. I donít know how Iím supposed to do it totally by myself.
I don't know about Vegas, but in Chicago, there are some very good magnet programs and also some IB high schools. Also, many of the suburbs have wonderful schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting