Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 01:15 PM

7,123 posts, read 3,947,096 times

Advertisements

Call the police. If she is only 18 and not 21 maybe they can do something. At least issue a missing person report. For all you know, some guy is sending the texts and using your cards while she is forced into something illegal.

Go to the police, find a missing person website, hired a private detective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 01:18 PM

711 posts, read 547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdallasamy View Post
NEW info on my daughter---
I took her for 6 weeks to the mall, for what I thought was her job. She doesn't drive so, I dropped her off and picked her up.
I now found out her 'manager' (female, so she claims) never worked there and either did she. I suppose it was just a meeting place of her and her online friend.
You didn't ask to see a paycheck? Or ask what bank she's using for "direct deposit" (which most employers use, anyway)?

Old 05-01-2018, 02:11 PM

70 posts, read 72,956 times
Police came by last night. They said she was legally allowed to leave. THey did call and left a message for her to call our township. THey asked if she has a mental illness, now, yersterday I did not think, but now I do.
She is still lying about a slary she has (3000.00 a month), she has been out of state for 4 days.

About her job, started 6 weeks ago and we expected a direct deposit to hit her account in 2 maybe 3 weeks. Didn't happen. I told her to ask about it. She said the 'fake manager', said there was a error and it would be next cycle. Next cycle came and went with no money. I told her at this point to just quit. We could call labor board. She said not to do that. THEN, last week she said she was paid in cash. Like who does that. 145.00. Then, I found out she was never hired. She is either prostituing herself or got $ somehow with my debit card info, or was stealing and then sold the stuff.
She replied to a text today. Communication is at least still there.
It is such a strange story

Old 05-01-2018, 02:19 PM

711 posts, read 547,566 times
What an awful thing for a mother to go through.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:31 PM

48 posts, read 35,042 times
Quote:
She replied to rooms to rent near Mass colleges.
Well, maybe that's a sign that the guy is at least in school!

Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 PM

9,712 posts, read 7,537,199 times
So sorry!

What is the BC that she took? I assumed birth control, but you said she never had a boyfriend.

I also feel like she is caught up in something criminal, someone is telling her all these strange things to do.

Can you text her a question that a stranger couldn't answer? Something that wouldn't make someone or her suspicious?

Old 05-01-2018, 02:55 PM

284 posts, read 232,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
So sorry!

What is the BC that she took? I assumed birth control, but you said she never had a boyfriend.

I also feel like she is caught up in something criminal, someone is telling her all these strange things to do.

Can you text her a question that a stranger couldn't answer? Something that wouldn't make someone or her suspicious?

I think she meant birth certificate.

OP, I'm so sorry you're going through this, I am too with something similar, only my daughter is 28 and is bi-polar. I haven't seen/talked to her since she left last July to be with a MUCH older man she met on FB. It completely stunned all of us. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat, it's a really crappy thing to go through, no matter if your child is a legal "adult", it's a really helpless feeling that you can't just have them picked up by the cops and brought back home. I'm glad she is at least keeping the lines of communication open with you.

Old 05-01-2018, 03:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,790,136 times
Quote:
SHe wrote my debit card numbers, front and back, to one of her emails. She has like 4. Then she charged items, went to the mail box to collect, then sold them.

I know WEll Fargo has a system, that if you don't have the card, you can still go to an ATM. I haven't used that system, but maybe she HAS.

Have you checked to see how much is missing from your açcount? You seem to not know which is odd to me. I would think you would know how much and what purchases were made

Old 05-01-2018, 03:54 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,712,739 times
You cannot let her keep stealing from you. She's going to ruin your credit, because she could run up far more than you can pay.

Cancel the cards, close the accounts. I do not think you should press charges against her, because it will probably do more harm than good, and you'll wind up paying all the legal bills, plus she could wind up with a criminal record. That might happen anyway, but at least it doesn't have to be by your hand. At the same time, keep texting her, only supportively. Ask how she is. Ask how the weather is. Tell her mundane news from your life. Tell her you'll always be there for her. Tell her she can call you any time. Tell her she is welcome home any time.

If she eventually decides she wants to come home, and believe me, she will, get her an Uber to the airport and a ticket waiting for her at the terminal counter immediately. And when she arrives, get into counseling together as quickly as possible.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:32 PM

9,712 posts, read 7,537,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andie1969 View Post
I think she meant birth certificate.
Thanks, that makes more sense.

All this lying and stealing Mom's money, was she always like this?

Why didn't she want to learn to drive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting