U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 06:53 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,354,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, my mother was the same way. She would yell and scream about how no one helped her, but a kid isn't walking around thinking, "Gee, the living room looks as if it needs dusting, I think I will do that."

Wondering (i am not reading the whole thread) if this young woman cleaned when she was living away from her parents' home.
I've read every post and can say "we don't know".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 08:13 PM

51,045 posts, read 50,339,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I've read every post and can say "we don't know".

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2018, 09:20 PM

10,310 posts, read 7,428,054 times
LOL you got moved to the parenting forum.
My son moved... okay I drug him kicking and screaming into my home. He was about to make some major life mistakes and I paid his way out of it and forced him to move in with me - several states away. I made it so he had no choice.

Anyway, his room was a pig sty. We kept the door closed. Occasionally when he was at work I went through with a trash bag and hit the high spots.

Now he lives in his own place - I still help him with part of the rent - and it's a pig sty. I don't really care. I don't live there and I still love the brat. He will and always would help me any time I asked him. He's pretty awesome.

Working full time is a HUGE thing. He's been there going on 2yrs.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:37 PM

2,246 posts, read 4,304,708 times
Write up a contract. Today. Spell out the rules like:

1. I agree to pay $100 a month (or whatever)
2. I agree to keep my living space clean.... (details)
3. I agree to not butter the floor
4. I will be 100% responsible for the dog...

Whatever your expectations are, put them in writing and tell her if she wants to live in your home, she has to agree to these terms. If she doesn't want to sign it, tell her to look on Craigslist for a roommate situation. I fear though that you'll have an excuse why she can't do that so I'm not sure what to say. Any time you've ever posted here, people have offered you many good and construtive suggestions and your habit is to go on about why you can't do that. Well, if you are powerless then get used to the situation you are in now, I guess.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:35 PM

11,803 posts, read 7,658,014 times
In my culture, your children is always welcome to come back and expected with a catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or