U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:56 PM

19,966 posts, read 24,483,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I accidently "outed" my friend's parents. They were *very* conservative people. My friend was 40 at the time. He was telling me the story of his parents getting married, which was a sudden elopement in the middle of their college semester. He said they had to do that because his mom's parents didn't approve of the relationship and he was a "honeymoon baby". I did the math in my head and asked him if he was born early. Nope. I started laughing and joking about him being a "honeymoon baby"...surely he knew. Right? The thought never had entered his head. He double checked my math and was actually shocked.

Clearly this information wasn't all that upsetting, more amusing that 40 years later they were keeping up the lie. But I really cant believe he never even thought about it. It was a full 6 weeks.
Well, the honeymoon just preceded the nuptials a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
^^We should start a thread about "Family Secrets". One of my great-greats (or something like that) turned out to be a bigamist who had an additional family back in Germany.
Check out the Genealogy forum. Lots of people there who have found out "Family Secrets".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:07 PM

83,061 posts, read 95,703,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
It will be important for your neighbor's daughter so she can know the egg donor's medical history for one thing.

I know this is extremely unlikely, but its important to know who her bio mom is because shes 18 and is probably dating or will be soon. It would be quite a nasty shock if she finds out shes dating a half-sibling or a cousin.
Egg donation is generally anonymous.
Anonymous Egg Donation - Infertility Doctor - Los Angeles Fertility Center USC Fertility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or