U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 10:56 AM

170 posts, read 76,801 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the comments...I understand fully what your saying, They still make little comments hear and there but I dont worry about cause a time will come when there kids will be tearing up there house and they will have to hear "Mommy, Mommy" every 2 mins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 12:49 PM

583 posts, read 249,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen9189 View Post
Im 29 yrs old, I have one child , a 3 year old. My very close friends all do not have kids yet, which is fine. When I initially told my friends of my pregnancy they were ecstatic helped me with almost EVERYTHING imaginable. I love my friends and Its not weird me being the only parent, but my only concern is they can be slightly judgy at times which is a peeve for example last week I visited my friends who are twin sisters, one of them noticed my son had on mismatched socks ( I couldn't find the other one in the suitcase and was in a rush so I was winging it) so she made a comment jokingly, but I could tell she was judging me as well. So I made a remark to her telling her "I hope once you have children , you have it all together".

Another example is one of my friends called while visiting the twins and she made a comment saying the reason she hadn't came to visit either cause she knew my son would be there and it would be too much for her to want to deal with... I lowkey felt insulted. He is 3 what do they expect? Hes not a nuisance , or throwing tantrums all over the place, but he is still at a toddler. Im not expecting them to understand personally how I feel until they have their own children, but I still wonder am I overthinking things. I haven't said anything to them personally about how I feel, but was wondering should I say anything or just let it go?
This is probably going to sound harsh, but to most people without kids, toddlers are annoying. I think parents "get it" but if you're not used to little ones, it can get frustrating trying to have a conversation while someone's kid is interrupting every two seconds or wanting to play or needing to use the bathroom or whatever. I wouldn't take it personally, or look at it as a dig against your specific child, more like it's probably their overall general attitude.

As far as the remark about the mismatched socks, that was catty and completely unnecessary.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM

1,316 posts, read 935,413 times
Toddlers ARE extremely annoying. I don't spend time with my friends with kids unless they are willing to make the effort to get a sitter and have an adult evening. Most people don't want to make the effort, so they don't see their friends. That's just life.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:28 PM

371 posts, read 156,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen9189 View Post
Im 29 yrs old, I have one child , a 3 year old. My very close friends all do not have kids yet, which is fine. When I initially told my friends of my pregnancy they were ecstatic helped me with almost EVERYTHING imaginable. I love my friends and Its not weird me being the only parent, but my only concern is they can be slightly judgy at times which is a peeve for example last week I visited my friends who are twin sisters, one of them noticed my son had on mismatched socks ( I couldn't find the other one in the suitcase and was in a rush so I was winging it) so she made a comment jokingly, but I could tell she was judging me as well. So I made a remark to her telling her "I hope once you have children , you have it all together".

Another example is one of my friends called while visiting the twins and she made a comment saying the reason she hadn't came to visit either cause she knew my son would be there and it would be too much for her to want to deal with... I lowkey felt insulted. He is 3 what do they expect? Hes not a nuisance , or throwing tantrums all over the place, but he is still at a toddler. Im not expecting them to understand personally how I feel until they have their own children, but I still wonder am I overthinking things. I haven't said anything to them personally about how I feel, but was wondering should I say anything or just let it go?
I'd let it go, there is nothing wrong with your son being a bit too much for her. Just meet with her when you have a babysitter. Or have her over when he naps. He'll grow out of it and I am sure she likes him. Sounds like you have pretty nice friends, good for you

Old 05-21-2018, 01:29 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,215,897 times
I definitely noticed a difference with my childless friend. I feel like she is judging me sometimes...and for some reason EVERY time I see her she asks me if my daughter's diaper needs to be changed...like does she seriously think I don't know when to change it? The most annoying thing for me is, she seems to get upset when we make dinner plans and then use a sitter instead of bringing her along. I mean, they only go out to dinner at 7 or 8, and our daughter (who is 7 months) goes to bed at 6pm. Do they honestly think we're going to force her to stay up? I made it clear to her the last time what time she goes to bed, and if she wants to come over & see her BEFORE bed time she is more than welcome. Some people just don't get it.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:31 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,215,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Toddlers ARE extremely annoying. I don't spend time with my friends with kids unless they are willing to make the effort to get a sitter and have an adult evening. Most people don't want to make the effort, so they don't see their friends. That's just life.
Yes, I'll admit my 4 year old nephew is annoying! He scares the crap out of my 7 month old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting