Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 07:57 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,948,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namogel View Post
This can't be normal can it? Has anyone seen a situation like this?

I just found out today that my brother and his wife are pregnant with their second kid...they just hit the 12 week mark and the baby will be due early December. They have another kid who is 3. My wife and I have a son that is 15 months and are also expecting a second baby around early December.

My wife hates my brother's wife and thinks my parents favor her/them much more over us....that's probably because my niece gets to see my parents all the time and with my kid, my wife puts moratoriums on when my parents can visit our son..like every 2 weeks or so. To add insult to injury, my wife also dislikes my niece because she came from my sister in law.

Needless to say my wife is not only pissed they are having a second kid at all, but also that he/she will be born around the same time as our second one. She had a cute idea to announce to my family on father's day, but now she just wants me to text them or call them...not even tell them in person ! (They live 15 minutes away). She thinks now that our second kid will be irrelevant beause my brother's second kid will be the hot topic of the year from my parents' perspective.

So I ask - this isn't normal is it? Has anyone else had any family drama where kids from the same general family are born around the week? I try to tell her "just focus on our two kids", but I have the feeling I'm going to be the target of her envy and disappointment for a long time...as if I can control when other people decide to have babies.
That type of thinking is nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 09:17 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,215,313 times
Niece is born: GF couldn't care less

Old 06-04-2018, 09:44 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Maybe the inlaws favor the brother because your wife is not a nice person.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,029 times
Ah. Another case of the jealous spouse.

Hopefully she can get over it. I don’t know what kind of solution or compromise is possible. Women get pregnant and don’t consult every single family member first.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:52 AM

669 posts, read 320,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Ah. Another case of the jealous spouse.
And also "I'm just glad to have a wife" type of guy who gladly lets everybody run over them.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:05 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
And also "I'm just glad to have a wife" type of guy who gladly lets everybody run over them.
OMG I love this Henpecked for sure.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namogel View Post
This can't be normal can it? Has anyone seen a situation like this?

I just found out today that my brother and his wife are pregnant with their second kid...they just hit the 12 week mark and the baby will be due early December. They have another kid who is 3. My wife and I have a son that is 15 months and are also expecting a second baby around early December.

My wife hates my brother's wife and thinks my parents favor her/them much more over us....that's probably because my niece gets to see my parents all the time and with my kid, my wife puts moratoriums on when my parents can visit our son..like every 2 weeks or so. To add insult to injury, my wife also dislikes my niece because she came from my sister in law.

Needless to say my wife is not only pissed they are having a second kid at all, but also that he/she will be born around the same time as our second one. She had a cute idea to announce to my family on father's day, but now she just wants me to text them or call them...not even tell them in person ! (They live 15 minutes away). She thinks now that our second kid will be irrelevant beause my brother's second kid will be the hot topic of the year from my parents' perspective.

So I ask - this isn't normal is it? Has anyone else had any family drama where kids from the same general family are born around the week? I try to tell her "just focus on our two kids", but I have the feeling I'm going to be the target of her envy and disappointment for a long time...as if I can control when other people decide to have babies.
I laughed at this post, especially at the bolded part. Needless to say? Huh? I think important to say because everything about this is utterly INSANE.

You know this is not normal. Not sure why you're even asking here. I thought that maybe this was a situation like that of someone I know where the grandparents favor other grandchildren in the family, but that ended with the phrase "my wife puts moratoriums..." None of the subsequent descriptions are that of a mentally healthy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Ah, and this confirms it! OP, clearly you knew what you were in for going in. I don't know why you'd be the least bit surprised.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
Nothing my wife said during pregnancy was normal. But I'm concerned that this issue appeared before pregnancy. Your parents probably don't like her OP, and neither would I if I were them.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:14 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times
Ah, jeezus louizus...
I don't know why I went down this rabbit hole, but after seeing the above link, I saw that in that link there was a reference to an earlier post:
Mom trying to cause conflict between GF and I.

OP: Obviously your entire family has issues. Pick your wife or your family. There is drama caused by both sides. Accept they are not getting along, and concentrate on your wife and your kids. You've known the deal for years now.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:13 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
These kinds of things happen. I wouldn't read much into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting