Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 06:23 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Vaccines work. Period.

The shingles vaccine doesn't work. People actually get shingles from the shingles vaccine, which is why I won't take it.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:41 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The shingles vaccine doesn't work. People actually get shingles from the shingles vaccine, which is why I won't take it.
Nope.

The original live vaccine, Zostavax, is about 60% effective, so you can still get shingles if you take it. That does not mean the vaccine caused shingles.

I can find only one case report of shingles from the virus in Zostavax.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967828/

You are much more likely to get shingles from the wild chickenpox virus.

However, the new shingles vaccine, Shingrix, has no live virus in it. It cannot cause a chickenpox infection and cannot cause shingles.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:42 PM

15,424 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Today’s been a bad day. I found out my sweet boy has been denied entry into the same public school his siblings attend & must instead be bused downtown to a school with a history of “misplacing” their autistic students.

I mean, they find them hours later; stumbling over the railroad tracks in the warehouse district, just yards away from Fountain Creek & the homeless tent city. I’m thrilled. Any advocates out there in the herd?

Because see; that’s the thing. It’s all good when I protected you but the herd has both short term/long term memory loss issues (Again ironic, given that Alzheimer’s is immune-mediated as well) & you aren’t there for me now. You won’t be there for anybody else either & all those parents out there who are being guilted into protecting herd immunity better get their herd membership in writing first.

Shouldn’t be a problem cause it’s SO safe, right?
Forcing your child to go to a special school sound illegal, and a violation of Federal Law. He should be bale to go to the school closest to home, and get the services he requires. If your school district is being stubborn, get an attorney to help you.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:53 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
It is exactly this type of post that leads me to be very weary of vaccines. Someone in favor of vaccines should have no problem whatsoever with those that don't vaccinate. If the vaccines really work, the vaccinated have nothing to worry about.

Your reasoning on the flu vaccine is faulty as well. But I am sorry about your friend.

If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't talk about it.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:54 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
False.

Also, just FYI, the earth is round.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:23 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
IMO, there is no CREDIBLE scientific evidence linking vaccines to autism. Can you have an allergic reaction or other side effects, sure. However, It's worth the risk to me. It's the responsible thing to do. Too many stories about kids suffering or dying from preventable diseases because there parents made a decision NOT to protect them.
There may be as many as a dozen studies that all show the same thing: There is no link between vaccines and autism.

The real issue is why anti-vax people cannot accept that. Seeing is not always believing. In this world we live in, some people decide what they want to believe in and than look for evidence of it. If there were 100 studies disproving the link between vaccination and autism, this still wouldn't be enough evidence for some of them.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
There may be as many as a dozen studies that all show the same thing: There is no link between vaccines and autism.

The real issue is why anti-vax people cannot accept that. Seeing is not always believing. In this world we live in, some people decide what they want to believe in and than look for evidence of it. If there were 100 studies disproving the link between vaccination and autism, this still wouldn't be enough evidence for some of them.
There have been way more than 100 already.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:40 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Any link to health problems after babies/young kids get pumped with all this stuff?

Just looked up a list of vaccines from infant to 18. That is a lot of pharma
Only an irresponsible parent would endanger the health or lives of their own children or others by not vaccination. And I don't give a rat's patootie what Jenny McCarthy says.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:56 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I don't doubt the validity of the numbers, as I have no other research to contest those values, but I think there would be a meaningful difference between the effects of aluminum ingested vs. aluminum injected directly into the bloodstream.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I don't doubt the validity of the numbers, as I have no other research to contest those values, but I think there would be a meaningful difference between the effects of aluminum ingested vs. aluminum injected directly into the bloodstream.
Vaccines are not injected "directly into the bloodstream", and the amount in vaccines is extremely small compared to what we ingest in food and water. So much more aluminum ends up in the blood from what we eat and drink than what we get from vaccines.

Those who get into trouble are people with kidney disease, those who consume more aluminum than average, such as from antacids that contain aluminum, and infants with immature kidneys who may get it in IVs.

https://www.chop.edu/centers-program...ed-vs-ingested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting