Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 01:15 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,041,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Forcing your child to go to a special school sound illegal, and a violation of Federal Law. He should be bale to go to the school closest to home, and get the services he requires. If your school district is being stubborn, get an attorney to help you.
It's a school that we miss the boundary for by literally one parking lot. His twin sisters are entering their Senior year there & have attended that school, on permit since their Freshman year.

I had his application turned in for open enrollment the first week it opened, in October 2017. I agreed to provide daily transportation myself, although they would bus him to the other school which is 6 miles away. Per district policy; he was to receive top priority for enrollment due to having siblings already attending & per federal law; they cannot discriminate due to disability.

There is a loophole in the law that says if a student is trying to attend a school for a program & that program is full, that they can deny entry.

They said Special Education is a program & that their schools SPED class is "full".

I said that the Colorado Department of Education very clearly states that SPED is a service that must be offered in every school. You know; "ACE Vocational Program" (Alternative Cooperative Education) ... is a program.

"Early College High School", is a program. There are music, arts & athletic programs. But SPED is a service.

I will be taking this as far as I can; my son does qualify for a legal advocate through his state autism waiver & I've been very conservative with spending that money so hopefully ...

I'm just mad. He is my child, not something you desperately look for lame loopholes to avoid dealing with. Every person in this district who has worked with him has told me that they were very intimidated of him to begin with but by the end of the year that he had taught them a thing or two about life.

They cry when he moves on. .. I feel like saying: "YOUR LOSS!" to that school but I can't risk having him in a dangerous environment.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 AM

36,991 posts, read 41,010,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
But per the CDC recommended immunization schedule, at age 2 months, (depending on brands) an infant will receive between 1,000ug-1,225ug & all within about 10 minutes.

If the FDA limit of 5 mcg/kg/day, in a 5.4kg baby=27ug? That’s 45 times the FDA limit. Granted, vaccines are not given IV so it’s an exaggerated comparison.

One year after my son had his reaction to the vaccines given on his 2nd birthday; his hair strand toxicology panel resulted in one of the highest (top 95th %) Aluminum levels seen in a 3 year old child.

This was still before I had accepted what was happening. I remember thinking “Well, I guess if it comes back high in Mercury, that will be hard to ignore”.

Nope. Mercury was WNL. Aluminum was astronomically high but I hadn’t a clue as to what it meant. I just shrugged it off & thought “Wonder why that would happen?”
The aluminum in those vaccines is slowly absorbed over about two months. It sits in the muscle; it is not being given IV. Did you read the article where they measured aluminum levels?

https://www.academicpedsjnl.net/arti...17)30483-7/pdf

"CONCLUSIONS: Infant B-Al [blood aluminum]and H-Al [hair aluminum]varied considerably but did not correlate with their immunization history. Likewise, there was no correlation between B-Al and infant development or between H-Al and language or cognitive development. An inverse correlation between H-Al and BSID motor scores deserves further investigation."

Old 08-08-2018, 03:04 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,041,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Again, I am so sorry about the tragedy of the death of your daughter and the extremely difficult situation with your autistic son.

I do have some questions, though. Were your twins premature? What was the proposed cause of death for your daughter? Did she have symptoms of encephalitis? Was SIDS considered? Apnea without other symptoms does not sound like encephalitis.
Oh, we are classic! I (or they) fit just about every risk factor you mentioned & a few you didn’t.

The twins: PROM at 24 weeks. Happened at work, in a patient’s room. I was inpatient, mag sulfate IV stopped the contractions, then bedrest & 24/hr day monitoring... for 6 weeks. Chorioamnionitis At 30 weeks so emergency c-section done. She was 2lbs 14oz, he was 2lbs13oz. Both intubated but for less than 48 hours.

NICU for 2 months. I pumped & delivered until I had to return to work so they came home on formula & oxygen. No vaccines were advised until their 4 month checkup. Something I was uncomfortable with: Her oxygen was d/c’d per respitory therapist that afternoon.

I have done a zillion O2 titrations & I felt that hers was premature. They were both vaccinated. The fevers set in about 2 hours later.

The encephalitis symptoms started about 4 hours after that. I overlooked them because her fever responded to Tylenol suppositories. Screaming. I mean screaming inconsolably. Arched back & stiffened when handled. I don’t remember noticing fontanel swelling.

I had to work an evening shift that day & they stayed home with their dad. When I got home he handed her to me on the patio before I even made it to the door, said “OMG”, sat down in a patio chair & fell asleep. Her twin was quiet. Sleepy. Too quiet & sleepy. At 3 am she finally stopped screaming & I went to reheat my “dinner”; a bowl of stone cold leftover spaghetti.

That’s the last thing I remember until I realized the sun was coming in the windows & I was still in my scrubs from the day before, sitting on the living room sofa with a bowl of spaghetti in front of me.

I heard one baby crying. Only one baby.

I will never forget running down the hall to the bedroom & knowing. Just knowing. Seeing two pink legs angrily kicking & two very white legs laying still. So white. Like doll legs.

I have a foggy memory of taking off her brothers oxygen to put on her & cranking the tank up. Starting CPR. Paramedics, 4 of them, pulling her out of my arms. Just now I remember; my dad took me to the hospital! 24 years & I couldn’t remember, how weird. The doctor shaking his head at me as he came out of the curtain & I passed out.

But still in the hospital later I was answering questions: I gave her Tylenol & they stopped her oxygen. I couldn’t think of anything else. Her dad’s mom said “Wait ... they had their shots...”

Cause of Death per autopsy was SIDS. What in the actual ****, is that? It’s like saying: “ She’s just dead”. Yeah; I kinda figured that out, thanks. SIDS=Dead & don’t know why. That’s not good enough.

I’ll finish tomorrow.

Quote:
For your son, do you have any home video taken before his second birthday? Have you reviewed it objectively (or, better yet, had it reviewed by someone who does not know he has autism) to see if there were signs of autism then?
Quote:
Autism symptoms may follow encephalitis, but encephalitis is not a necessary event for autism to develop.

How old were you and the father of your autistic son when he was conceived? We do know parental age is a risk factor.

I know this is hard for you to revisit, but I am truly trying to understand what went on.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:56 AM

15,208 posts, read 7,252,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It's a school that we miss the boundary for by literally one parking lot. His twin sisters are entering their Senior year there & have attended that school, on permit since their Freshman year.

I had his application turned in for open enrollment the first week it opened, in October 2017. I agreed to provide daily transportation myself, although they would bus him to the other school which is 6 miles away. Per district policy; he was to receive top priority for enrollment due to having siblings already attending & per federal law; they cannot discriminate due to disability.

There is a loophole in the law that says if a student is trying to attend a school for a program & that program is full, that they can deny entry.

They said Special Education is a program & that their schools SPED class is "full".

I said that the Colorado Department of Education very clearly states that SPED is a service that must be offered in every school. You know; "ACE Vocational Program" (Alternative Cooperative Education) ... is a program.

"Early College High School", is a program. There are music, arts & athletic programs. But SPED is a service.

I will be taking this as far as I can; my son does qualify for a legal advocate through his state autism waiver & I've been very conservative with spending that money so hopefully ...

I'm just mad. He is my child, not something you desperately look for lame loopholes to avoid dealing with. Every person in this district who has worked with him has told me that they were very intimidated of him to begin with but by the end of the year that he had taught them a thing or two about life.

They cry when he moves on. .. I feel like saying: "YOUR LOSS!" to that school but I can't risk having him in a dangerous environment.
I hope your son gets the services he needs close to home. Sadly, SPED is not considered important by many districts, or, as happens here in Texas, by the scum in the legislature that see adequate school funding as a misuse of their rich donor's tax dollars.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:22 AM

7,996 posts, read 10,359,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Forcing your child to go to a special school sound illegal, and a violation of Federal Law. He should be bale to go to the school closest to home, and get the services he requires. If your school district is being stubborn, get an attorney to help you.
It's not illegal. Where I live, there is a certain schools within the school district that is designated as the school for children with disabilities who can not be adequately accommodated at the school they are zoned to go to. Those kids are bused to that school. It's a public school, and the district provides transportation, so there is nothing illegal about it. They are still providing free, public education to the child. Fortunately, the school in the district where I live is a really excellent one. It a regular school attended by regular kids that also happens to have a great Special Ed program. Many in other places are not so great.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:23 AM

62 posts, read 23,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL
Are you talking about an IV or a blood draw?
It was brought to my attention that I was getting confused between blood draws and vaccines... Blood draws YES go right into the vein to get the most blood I guess...

Thank you Katarina

Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 AM

9,782 posts, read 7,595,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
MTHFR genes mutations
Family history of autoimmune disease.

I know some will vehemently disagree, but those are two things that I would personally take into consideration when it comes to vaccine decisions.
Well, I will probably be attacked for commenting, but my youngest child was the only one who had a bad reaction to her first vaccine and her pediatrician recommended not giving her any more. She was my healthiest child. No health issues until she took birth control pills in her 20's and she almost died from the blood clot that went from her hip to her ankle.

Once she recovered, her doctor did genetic testing and she does have the MTHFR gene mutation as well as Factor V Leiden.

However, I understand none of this was studied or documented or can be found online, it is only information that was shared in our family by our family doctor and the testing labs. Maybe someday, these individual real life results can be tabulated and studied to find more answers to help other children.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:55 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Well, I will probably be attacked for commenting, but my youngest child was the only one who had a bad reaction to her first vaccine and her pediatrician recommended not giving her any more. She was my healthiest child. No health issues until she took birth control pills in her 20's and she almost died from the blood clot that went from her hip to her ankle.

Once she recovered, her doctor did genetic testing and she does have the MTHFR gene mutation as well as Factor V Leiden.

However, I understand none of this was studied or documented or can be found online, it is only information that was shared in our family by our family doctor and the testing labs. Maybe someday, these individual real life results can be tabulated and studied to find more answers to help other children.
It may be that the MTHFR gene has nothing to do with her reactions or her issues with birth control pills. I don't know how old your daughter is, at least n her 20s apparently. In the past, doctors were very quick to say "no more" when a child had a "bad reaction". Using inappropriate contraindications is part of the cause both of the diphtheria epidemic in the Newly Independent States after the breakup of the Soviet Union, and of the US measles epidemic of 1989-91. Factor V Leiden is probably the reason for the clot. I'm glad she's OK. What type of immunization reaction did she have?

Old 08-08-2018, 10:03 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,635,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post

So true, there is so much we don’t yet know or fully understand. We’re not all perfect clones of one another it does make sense that our differences genetically including our predispositions play a role in how our bodies react to drugs, food, vaccines, etc.

There are quite a few immune disorders in our family and it is something that makes one think carefully about what we put into our bodies.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM

9,782 posts, read 7,595,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It may be that the MTHFR gene has nothing to do with her reactions or her issues with birth control pills. I don't know how old your daughter is, at least n her 20s apparently. In the past, doctors were very quick to say "no more" when a child had a "bad reaction". Using inappropriate contraindications is part of the cause both of the diphtheria epidemic in the Newly Independent States after the breakup of the Soviet Union, and of the US measles epidemic of 1989-91. Factor V Leiden is probably the reason for the clot. I'm glad she's OK. What type of immunization reaction did she have?
Thank you. She's the only one in the family that has had that genetic testing. It's good info for her to give her doctors if she has any health issues in the future. We've also passed it along to her cousins so they can be careful. We understand that researchers are still trying to learn all the implications of these mutations.

After her immunization, she was limp and lifeless, I remember being terrified as I held her through the night. Her doctors were very reassuring and told me not to worry, if she got any of the childhood diseases, they would treat her. There was no doubt in my mind, I agreed with the doctors not to give her one more shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting