Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:39 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,023,423 times

Advertisements

I don't want to sit next to a mother with an infant at a game.

The venue charges by seats so if you want a seat, you pay. I don't care how old you are.

Stadiums can be so loud I would worry it would damage my infants ears.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:50 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,318,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I don't want to sit next to a mother with an infant at a game.

The venue charges by seats so if you want a seat, you pay. I don't care how old you are.

Stadiums can be so loud I would worry it would damage my infants ears.
I don't want to sit next to a drunk at a game, but I have many times.

They have special ear-protectors for babies, and this mom was planning to use them. Don't pretend like you're concerned about the baby.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I don't want to sit next to a drunk at a game, but I have many times.

They have special ear-protectors for babies, and this mom was planning to use them. Don't pretend like you're concerned about the baby.
I didn't realize it was an either/or situation.

So I have my choice of a drunk or a baby?

Why would you comment at all that I am not concerned about the baby's ears? No where in my post even hints at that.

What at all do drunks have to do with babies? The article was about babies free not drunks getting in free.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:31 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,318,490 times
Quote:

Why would you comment at all that I am not concerned about the baby's ears? No where in my post even hints at that.

What at all do drunks have to do with babies? The article was about babies free not drunks getting in free.
What a deflection!

You didn't say anything about freebies in the post I quoted, you said "I don't want to sit next to a mother with an infant at a game." Tell us why.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What a deflection!

You didn't say anything about freebies in the post I quoted, you said "I don't want to sit next to a mother with an infant at a game." Tell us why.
Because game seats are already extremely tight and I don't want to be any more crowded than I am.

Also, I like to yell at games and I would be uncomfortable doing this next to an infant. Remember the ear comment I brought up?

Have you never been to a professional stadium?

What are you talking about deflection? What am I deflecting?

I do not want to sit next to an infant at a football game.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:27 PM

14,460 posts, read 11,219,060 times
An NFL game is no place for an infant.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:28 PM

13,639 posts, read 12,293,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They can't lie about where the child is sitting because every seat is sold out, for the entire season. There simply aren't extra seats they could put the child in, so no need to question it or check birth certificates.
Maybe its about fire code. Or not impinging on the people in the seat next to you with your too-big child.
Quote:

Its a packers game. Your chance of sitting next to someone that's obnoxious, whether they're "High On Life" or or high on Miller High Life or whatever are pretty darn good. It isn't exactly the Philharmonic Orchestra.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:30 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,532,160 times
Quote:
Because game seats are already extremely tight and I don't want to be any more crowded than I am.

Also, I like to yell at games and I would be uncomfortable doing this next to an infant. Remember the ear comment I brought up?

Have you never been to a professional stadium?

What are you talking about deflection? What am I deflecting?

I do not want to sit next to an infant at a football game.

I don't either, for the same reasons. They can buy a seat and keep the baby between them.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,938,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Maybe its about fire code.
So you think just about every other sports venue is breaking fire code by allowing young children in without a seat? Doubtful.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,938,365 times
Quote:
Are you yelling obscenities? A 3 month old isn't going to know what your saying, and they're definitely not going to remember any of the words your saying. I'd be more concerned about what adults around you are thinking about your boorish behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting