U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 05:27 AM

1,978 posts, read 756,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Point is, the baby may not have been "nearby" when she opened the oven.

I'll amend that.

What kind of idiot Mother would open an oven (or a basement door, or door to the deck, or front door to the stoop) with a baby in a walker in the same room?

Cmon, common sense. If you know your kid is a speed racer when in his walker and you have smooth floors that enable him to zip around fast, you account for this. Simple things we all do when we have infants to secure thir safety.

If a Mother is too stupid to gauge how far Baby is from the oven (two rooms away? 10 feet away?) and act accordingly it is a certainty that degree of stupidity shall result in harm at some point, in some way. We cannot protect infants from moronic parents.

Unless such a Mother had 24/7 supervision for sure she'll do so me other foolish, careless thing (leave alone in tub, allow near smoking materials -I was at a public pool once when a Mother of 3 asked me if any of mine had ever "eaten a cigarette" as one of hers recently had HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??, and many other sundry things I heard of in my 38 years of being a parent).

I get that no one wishes to hear of an injured baby but banning things that parents who possess a normal degree of sense will be able to use correctly and mindfully is ridiculous.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; Today at 05:36 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or