U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 78 times

Advertisements

Small children need much more love, support and acceptance than adults do. They can cry when they feel lonely or forgotten. But letís be honest and admit it Ė they are not just cute pretty angels all the time.
As far as I know, when children of this age are capricious and naughty, itís very often because they try to manipulate their parents and get whatever they want. In this case, you should remember some simple rules. You should explain to your child (or grandchild) what they have done wrong; be consistent in upbringing rules; build non-verbal borders; keep calm (one of the hardest things from the list, right?); focus your childís (or grandchildís) attention on whatís around them before they start demanding a thing and crying. Also, I believe teaching them responsibility and independence is another crucial thing. These aspects should be learnt in a fun, playful manner. For example, teaching them how to ride a bike could be one of good solutions. Several weeks ago I bought my nephew a bicycle and he absolutely adores it! I did not really know how to choose the right bike, but I found a helpful web-site [url]https://cutelittledarling.com/best-bike-for-2-year-olds/[/url] that has got lots of information, including bike detailed descriptions and comparison. In short, I chose a bicycle with an amazing design for a reasonable price. Itís also lightweight, easy to ride and control, very comfortable due to the seat and helpful mini grips. Besides, the tires are made of a good long-lasting material which is essential for long exciting rides.
You could look it through and find out more: who knows, maybe it will help in making your grandson more obedient. Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 04:31 AM

38,086 posts, read 14,885,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtomother View Post
My 3 year old step daughter has full blown tantrums every night because she doesn't want to go to bed. Kicking screaming, hitting the bed, the walls ect. It can go on for 20 minutes to 2 hours. She has a schedule, she plays outside, plays games and does lots of arts and crafts and has a healthy diet. We have tried time out, spanking, taking toys and privileges but nothing phases her. I believe there is some sort of disorder present as I have 2 other children and neither acted this way. I am going to take her to a neurodevelopmental pediatrician for evaluation. This can't be normal. She is beginning to disrupt our entire house hold. My two older children can't sleep because of all the noise. I really love my husband but have considered moving out for the sake of my other children. Any advice?
Figure out why she is afraid to go to bed.

Fix it.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:39 AM

38,086 posts, read 14,885,535 times
Former neighbors were raising their grandkids.

The kids were a handful. Busted everything they could get their hands on. Fought like badgers.

Part of it was that they had not learned to behave appropriately. The other part is that they were scared. Their parents had abandoned them and their grandparents were an iffy proposition.

The oldest one suspected they were headed to foster care like his cousins.

Our neighbors had done a poor job of raising their kids and now were even less capable of raising their grandkids.

They have since moved away. I hope things worked for them, but don't hold a lot of hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or