Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,259,997 times

Advertisements

Im shocked that some of you are defending this girl. She knew what she was doing for 9 months!!! You don't think she thought about what was to happen when this baby was born? Okay, maybe she wasn't as right minded as most but she had some idea. She's worldly (if thats what you would call it) enough to be having sex at 14, don't think she slipped back into barbie world and panicked! And Im sorry, this is just MO-- IM old fashioned I know, but how can you actually say that a 16 year old having "protected" sex is responsible? isn't that an oxy moron? Responsible? only if they can move out, get a job and take care of themselves.. having protected sex at such a young age does NOT warrant being called responsible-- It's called NOT being stupid!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,748,867 times
I can't understand how you try to "flush" a baby! Clearly anyone over age 3 knows that act is wrong. But here's my issue -- parents threaten their kids, tell them they won't help them, support them, deal with them, etc if they have sex/get pregnant. Then when the get in trouble at whatever age, the kid gets scared and freezes. They seriously feel that they have no options, because they fear their parents reaction THAT much. So much, that they decide to just hide their mistake any way they can. And I think they know what a bad decision they are making, but they feel forced by their parents' threats to make it.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soontob View Post
Yes, I know what giving birth does, I've done it twice and I stand by what I said. Murder is murder, having just given birth isn't an excuse.
I agree..my daughter is 13. I can bet she won't ever flush a baby bird or a newborn pup down a toilet. She knows what a live creature would go through if disposed of that way!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 AM

738 posts, read 1,883,736 times
What an utterly sad situation. Unfortunately, babies are disposed of everyday.
This is not the first- and it will not be the last....

Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,821,640 times
I can't even think clearly about this story because it upsets me so much. When I think about all the infertile couples desperately striving to have a baby and this girl murders a precious little infant...I can't find it in my heart to feel sympathetic toward her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting