U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM

33 posts, read 7,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
So your son's GF told you that he can't "perform" ?!?!
She told you way too much information.
You know your son is being cheated on and you dont say anything? You are his mother. How can you keep this to yourself?

Her telling you he "can't perform" is an excuse for her behavior. It may or may not be true. She is a jerk and wants an excuse to be a jerk.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM

12,936 posts, read 19,854,740 times
Is this for real? I mean, can it possibly be that a mother would stand aside and allow her son to be made a fool of, or worse?

Hey Mom, you had your chance. Why didn't you flat out tell Rachelle the gig is up, and she needs to tell your son what she's been up to? There may be a very good reason she's been seeing the other boy, but she needs to make the break first. You should not be the one to break the news to your son, she should. Insist on it.

Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,920 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
CHEAT SHEET:

Rachelle (sons gf)
Brandon (my son)
Tyler (best friends son)
Tracey (my best friend)
Stephanie (ME)

My son is the LAZY ONE
My friends son is MR ATHLETIC
Thanks Stephanie. It was getting confusing with so many people involved.

Which brings my mind to thinking about so many to be hurt. And yet there is no way out. The cards are already dealt and it has been going on for months.

First of all, your son has two lying friends who he thinks are true friends. That is just not good for your son and he will be hurt either now or later: you pick.

Your son has good values regarding being monogamous, but poor values about his laziness. I think you need to have a talk about laziness. Tell him the result of laziness is a hamburger flipper job. He is going to have to get some ambition or he will have a poor life.

Sooo.... There isn't any way to save your son's feelings you can't undo what's been going along for months. There is really no other way to solve the problem except for your son to find out. The only question is how he is going to find out. Not when, just how, and this business has got to stop.

As far as the girlfriend, she's a cheater and a liar. You don't want your son with a person like that. There isn't any way to fix that girl except for the passage of several years where she may gain some maturity.

As far as sending him over to your neighbor's house, what if Rachelle and Tyler are in the bedroom? He won't even see them.

I'm a rip the Band-Aid of quickly kind of guy. I think you should just flat out tell Brandon and don't bring up the 4 months, hope he won't ask.

There isn't any easy way out for you. You have to pick which hard way will work best.

Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM

9,548 posts, read 19,449,413 times
This whole situation is pathetic. Send your son a text and get it over with.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

41 posts, read 4,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
It's up to you, but I think it would be more traumatic for him to catch them in the act,than if his mother sat him down and discussed it with him. I wouldn't send him out of the house on this windy smokey day, but thats another issue all together.
Son's at work now those two are together now. It'll have to be this weekend. My son and I be off at the same time. I shouldn't text him this. My friend is a sicko..

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanttocamp View Post
You know your son is being cheated on and you dont say anything? You are his mother. How can you keep this to yourself?

Her telling you he "can't perform" is an excuse for her behavior. It may or may not be true. She is a jerk and wants an excuse to be a jerk.
Ive been advised to stay out by 50/50 people so far

Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
Quote:
Son's at work now those two are together now. It'll have to be this weekend. My son and I be off at the same time. I shouldn't text him this. My friend is a sicko..
I was going to suggest a short period but I felt I might be going too far. Yes, this weekend sounds fine.

Quote:
Ive been advised to stay out by 50/50 people so far
It is inevitable that it's going to happen. The longer you wait the more the hurt will be.

Unfortunately there is no happy ending for this.

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM

9,548 posts, read 19,449,413 times
Quote:
I’m half joking about texting. No responsible parent would allow something like this to continue. It is your business if he’s living with you. He’s your son, not a random stranger.

Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I’m half joking about texting. No responsible parent would allow something like this to continue. It is your business if he’s living with you. He’s your son, not a random stranger.
Amen

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM

I'm glad you came to visit us Stephanie. I think what you learned will hasten a better situation than exists now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or