U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

354 posts, read 63,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Honestly, all things considered, I think it might be best to leave it alone. Rachelle will end up breaking up with your son if you tell him. Some people may say "who cares, she's a cheater", but your son is apparently happy having this girlfriend. She's still with him because she likes him. I don't know...the other guy is probably a jerk; otherwise, wouldn't Rachelle have dumped your son?

And others may not be interested in what Rachelle said but I am.
I think it’s moral to let him know.

If he wants to continue a relationships with a cheater it’s his prerogative, but the mom then had the right to say she does want the infidelity in her house.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I like it... except...

Mom invites all three kids over and sits them on the sofa, delivers the news... and then I see a fight breaking out.

Mom already said son is monogamous. See earlier in the topic.

As I said, mother says son is monogamous. That implies he doesn't know, or that mother doesn't know her son.

If the other guy is a jerk, why is Rachelle having sex with him? Jerk-sex? I can't answer what a woman would do but I wouldn't want sex with a jerk woman. I got past that kind of imagination when I was about 16. I grew up wanting a wife that was as good as my mother was for my dad.

Maybe I've been cursed by having decent parents...

Is Jerry Springer still on the air? Why not make some money out of it and reveal the surprise on live TV?
I’ve worked with a lot of teenagers.

Trust me when I say they do things their parents have no clue about.

Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM

2,452 posts, read 618,477 times
Quote:
As I said, mother says son is monogamous. That implies he doesn't know, or that mother doesn't know her son.

If the other guy is a jerk, why is Rachelle having sex with him? Jerk-sex? I can't answer what a woman would do but I wouldn't want sex with a jerk woman. I got past that kind of imagination when I was about 16. I grew up wanting a wife that was as good as my mother was for my dad.

Maybe I've been cursed by having decent parents...

Is Jerry Springer still on the air? Why not make some money out of it and reveal the surprise on live TV?

Because she likes his body.

Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,931 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I’ve worked with a lot of teenagers.

Trust me when I say they do things their parents have no clue about.
And I haven't. I defer to your superior knowledge. I have to think back to when I was that age.

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Quote:
And I haven't. I defer to your superior knowledge. I have to think back to when I was that age.
Did you have sex at your parents house at the age 19? I wouldn’t have dared even having a boy over.

This whole story is such a mess!

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
I had my first sex in my Chevy, parked on Mulholland Drive, at 17. Truth. After that we did it at her place when her mom was at work (she worked evenings). I know you're gonna laugh but she lived in a trailer park.

That's why we kids wanted our own cars. Private, unsupervised place, parked in the dark, tunez on the radio, nice big back seats in that era.

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I had my first sex in my Chevy, parked on Mulholland Drive, at 17. Truth.
IMO much preferable to the parent’s house.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I had my first sex in my Chevy, parked on Mulholland Drive, at 17. Truth. After that we did it at her place when her mom was at work (she worked evenings). I know you're gonna laugh but she lived in a trailer park.
I’m probably old school, lol.

I don’t have kids but if I did, I think I’d tell them when they are ready to have sex is when they are ready to move out and pay for the roof over their head.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,092,797 times
I think you have to tell him. But I would let it be known that you have no cooperating evidence. It's not fair to let your son continue on like nothing is happening. And it could possibly damage your relationship with your son.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

Quote:
IMO much preferable to the parent’s house.
Totally!

Quote:
I’m probably old school, lol.

I don’t have kids but if I did, I think I’d tell them when they are ready to have sex is when they are ready to move out and pay for the roof over their head.
My parents would have freaked out, when I was 17.

In my early 30s my parents were camping in their RV, and me and my current GF flew up to Mammoth (I have a private pilot license) and parents picked us up and drove back to Bridgeport Lake. We slept on the beach. After lights out we zipped our sleeping bags together. My parents didn't say anything. Needless to say we got up before my parents came out. I'm smart: I never asked my parents.

Total difference if you're an adult. I mentioned the story about having a 3 year affair with my cousin's ex-wife. My aunt was a lonesome woman and always loved when people visited. (She was an alcoholic.) Once she gave up her bed so that Trisha and I could sleep together. My aunt was cool except for the alcoholism. Some of the nicest people are as delicate as a butterfly. Just because you're an alcoholic doesn't mean you can't be a nice person.

My best buddy slept with my aunt several times. Twenty year age difference. Old alcoholic women need sex too. I never told anybody in my family. I decided that was one to keep under my hat. My buddy told me. I told him, "Go for it!" I liked that the old lady got laid. Might have been the last time for her.

Last edited by Lovehound; Yesterday at 10:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or