U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

2,452 posts, read 618,477 times

Advertisements

I was on board with telling the son, but I realized it will just create problems for him. Right now he's a happy stoner kid with a girlfriend. The girlfriend is cheating on him with some meathead, and it's certainly not a great situation, but how does this situation not get worse by telling him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

354 posts, read 63,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I was on board with telling the son, but I realized it will just create problems for him. Right now he's a happy stoner kid with a girlfriend. The girlfriend is cheating on him with some meathead, and it's certainly not a great situation, but how does this situation not get worse by telling him?
Not telling him is sheltering him because we are so afraid he won’t know how to handle the news. He’s not a child that needs protection from the bad things in the world like liars and cheaters.

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

758 posts, read 233,153 times
Quote:
His happiness is based on a lie. That is not a good situation.

It gets better when he learns the truth, dumps the cheating wench, and finds someone who values him.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,951 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post

It gets better when he learns the truth, dumps the cheating wench, and finds someone who values him.
Thanks Ann. Good answer.

Is this how we teach a boy-child how to become an adult? By letting him live in a stoned dream world while his buddy ************* his girlfriend behind his back?

Maybe mom should put a note in a bag of weed and hand it to him. He can go get stoned while he reads his bad news.

I suspect he's one of those kids who lives with mommy because he's too lazy to find a job. Why work when you can have sex and smoke dope instead?

Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Not telling him is sheltering him because we are so afraid he won’t know how to handle the news. He’s not a child that needs protection from the bad things in the world like liars and cheaters.
How does telling the son improve the situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post

I disagree that it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Thanks Ann. Good answer.

Is this how we teach a boy-child how to become an adult? By letting him live in a stoned dream world while his buddy ************* his girlfriend behind his back?

Maybe mom should put a note in a bag of weed and hand it to him. He can go get stoned while he reads his bad news.

I suspect he's one of those kids who lives with mommy because he's too lazy to find a job. Why work when you can have sex and smoke dope instead?

He has a job. You'd know that if you read the thread.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,951 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:

If I gave this thread an enema it would be 2 pages long.

Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM

354 posts, read 63,482 times
Quote:

I never said it would improve the situation.

If anything I’ve suggested the opposite, that the son may be happy with the current arrangement.

That is why the only duty should be to tell him what the allegations are and let him sort it out with Rachel.

It’s honorable. I don’t know how else to explain it.

Old Today, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
I never said it would improve the situation.

If anything I’ve suggested the opposite, that the son may be happy with the current arrangement.

That is why the only duty should be to tell him what the allegations are and let him sort it out with Rachel.

It’s honorable. I don’t know how else to explain it.
It would be honorable. I get that. It would have been more honorable 4 months ago though.

I still think doing nothing is the better option.

They've been together for 2 years. Rachelle likes the OP's son. She begged Tracey's mother not to say anything. Maybe she'll buy some toys and forget about Tracey's son. Who knows?

Old Today, 12:27 AM

43 posts, read 4,328 times
Its normal for girls to cheat with more alphaish guys tbry say

Old Today, 12:29 AM

39,326 posts, read 37,918,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
Its normal for girls to cheat with more alphaish guys tbry say
Idiots say that. Cheating is not normal or ok.

This is your son (supposedly) you're talking about here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or