U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:08 AM

146 posts, read 34,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
Its normal for girls to cheat with more alphaish guys tbry say
No, it's not normal--even with today's young adults. I was once a teenager; I'm related to a teen of a similar age to your son; I work with teens around the same age. This is not acceptable behavior. Your friend is making excuses for bad behavior and, despite what you say, she *is* enjoying this drama play out. Why else would she be letting you know each and every time your son't girlfriend is at her house shagging *her* son? (You yourself called her a "sicko," so you know what's what.) As another poster aptly noted, that's some seriously trashy behavior in its own right worthy of a classic episode of Jerry Springer or a daytime drama.

You've received plenty of advice. Getting on here and repeating the same story over and over tells me that in some small way, you're also getting something out of this, too, whether you realize it or not. Tell your child what's going on and let things happen as they may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:22 AM

46 posts, read 4,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
No, it's not normal--even with today's young adults. I was once a teenager; I'm related to a teen of a similar age to your son; I work with teens around the same age. This is not acceptable behavior. Your friend is making excuses for bad behavior and, despite what you say, she *is* enjoying this drama play out. Why else would she be letting you know each and every time your son't girlfriend is at her house shagging *her* son? (You yourself called her a "sicko," so you know what's what.) As another poster aptly noted, that's some seriously trashy behavior in its own right worthy of a classic episode of Jerry Springer or a daytime drama.

You've received plenty of advice. Getting on here and repeating the same story over and over tells me that in some small way, you're also getting something out of this, too, whether you realize it or not. Tell your child what's going on and let things happen as they may.
I already said what Im gonna do but thanks.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

6,892 posts, read 4,472,536 times
Just tell your son and let it be.

Your son's casual friend is gross and so is the girl. Not **** shaming but if you want to sow your oats just do that. There is not point in being in a relationship. Just say you want to be sex buddies or want to have a no strings attached relationship.

Not sure why teens 14 to 21 complicate their lives with a serious relationship. Just have fun!

Where is the father of your son? Seems like he would be better at confronting the son if you are afraid to do so.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,957 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
That is why the only duty should be to tell him what the allegations are and let him sort it out with Rachel.

It’s honorable. I don’t know how else to explain it.
I agree. The son has a right to know the true reality of things. *HE* is the victim in this situation.

Quote:
Its normal for girls to cheat with more alphaish guys tbry say
Not at all. At that age both boys and girls are naive and inexperienced, and likely to get overly serious with each other, not other people. It's the first time you have somebody just for yourself. That happened to me. All I wanted at that age was to be with my girl and she seemed to want to be with her guy. She never cheated on me.

IMO kids mostly just **** around or they form 1:1 relationships. They haven't taken Infidelity 101 yet, an introduction to real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Just tell your son and let it be.

Your son's casual friend is gross and so is the girl...

Not sure why teens 14 to 21 complicate their lives with a serious relationship. Just have fun!

Where is the father of your son? Seems like he would be better at confronting the son if you are afraid to do so.
I guess it's puppy love. Kids have no perspective of past relationships and get into serious relationships because of that.

IMO the snake in this deal is neighbor's son who is having a relationship with OP's son. We honorable men have a sort of tacit understanding that we do not mess with our buddy's girl. Not if we want to keep our buddies. It's a guy thing to keep friends from getting in a fist fight over one of their girlfriends.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

4,477 posts, read 1,525,565 times
[quote=widowspeak67;53592569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I am a momma bear about my kids. I would HAVE to intervene at some point.

Maybe you could send your son over to your friend's house, when you know Rachelle is there, with the ruse of borrowing a cup of sugar or something. Maybe that way, he could discover it for himself.

Here's the thing...it seems to me that your son needs to know his best friend isn't a good friend at all, and he needs to know that both the best friend and the girlfriend have no qualms or loyalties.

If it were me...I would tell my son if I knew something like that. If he got mad at me, so bThey'
My son and her son ARENT friends at all. They're NOT enemies but NOT friends too

Ok. The 2 boys aren't friends. But what about the girlfriend? I really can't understand how or why you're sitting on this information.

Old Today, 08:53 AM

4,477 posts, read 1,525,565 times
Quote:
No Im starting to feel worse now lol. Its not easy when my friend lets me know everytime " shes over there "

So ummm should I send him over there while theyre being intimate to catch them in the act or just whenever ???

For the love of God...WHAT is stopping you from talking to your son? You are hearing first hand, how this girl has no respect for your son...or for that matter, YOU.

Tell your son what you know.

Old Today, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I agree. The son has a right to know the true reality of things. *HE* is the victim in this situation.

Not at all. At that age both boys and girls are naive and inexperienced, and likely to get overly serious with each other, not other people. It's the first time you have somebody just for yourself. That happened to me. All I wanted at that age was to be with my girl and she seemed to want to be with her guy. She never cheated on me.

IMO kids mostly just **** around or they form 1:1 relationships. They haven't taken Infidelity 101 yet, an introduction to real life.

I guess it's puppy love. Kids have no perspective of past relationships and get into serious relationships because of that.

IMO the snake in this deal is neighbor's son who is having a relationship with OP's son. We honorable men have a sort of tacit understanding that we do not mess with our buddy's girl. Not if we want to keep our buddies. It's a guy thing to keep friends from getting in a fist fight over one of their girlfriends.
Myson and my friends son arent friends

Old Today, 10:22 AM

Im telling him this weekend

Old Today, 10:53 AM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,957 posts, read 14,154,468 times
Quote:
My son and my friend's son aren't friends.
Well anyway IMO he is still a victim because you are withholding important information from him.

Quote:
I'm telling him this weekend.
Good! Please let us know how it goes and what the reaction was.

Old Today, 11:54 AM

5,178 posts, read 3,668,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
If it were me, and I found out later that my mother knew and kept this from me.... I would be super upset.

You need to tell him.
Exactly! It would feel like you've been double kicked if everyone knew but you, especially your own mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or