Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2018, 08:09 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
People get cheated on all the time and still stay with the person even though they know the person is cheating.
I used to get cheated in exclusive relationships and always tried to fix them. I never fixed a single one of them! The woman always cheated again and we broke up. Since then if you cheat you're gone! Let somebody else deal with the lying, cheating women. You can have all my cheaters (general 'you,' not you specifically).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's a normal variation of human sexual behavior. Our ancient ancestors were doing this and it may have been an evolutionary advantage, which kept the gene pool more mixed and vigorous. You could no more keep people from having multiple partners, than you could stop the tides from flowing. The problem arises, when monogamy is imposed and enforced by a society that stands in opposition to Mother Nature.

You have the genetic explanation dead on! Humans are naturally polygamous. I'd like to see your authoritarian source of the statistics I didn't quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Your son is involved with what we used to call "the town pump". That is where people went to get water more than a century ago. OK, you are disinterested in the morals involved. Lots of people today have no morals, but your son is likely to pick up various diseases that could ruin his health long term. Of course, he may already be carrying and spreading these diseases.

Be a good citizen and have your son tested for VD.
I like your story and find the description "town pump!" The term is rather evocative.

Getting tested AFTER is a little bit late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
It's all fun and games and none of any parents' business until when and if this girl becomes pregnant.

Source: I've seen this scenario play out multiple times back in my Appalachian hometown (and amongst my lower-income coworkers--present and past.) Usually ends up involving multiple children with multiple partners by the time the young woman hits her thirties. Often, the grandparents end up footing the bill to support this grandchild(ten) or raising their children's offspring themselves. This might not be the case, but it certainly seems like it.
When she gets preggers don't you think that's a bit late.

Your story, that's right out of Trailer Trash-land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
He needs to move on. Tell him.
In the end I see no other way. Who wants to have the "town pump" as a GF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
He deserves to know the truth. If he decides to stay with her, then at least he does it with his eyes wide open. As it is now, he is being made a fool of and doesn't even know it. He also needs to get tested for sexually-transmitted infections. Agree with whoever said if she gets pregnant, he should sign nothing until DNA test is done.
I said both of those and I completely agree. They all need testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Her pregnancy will make it your problem, unless you have the ability to disown and ignore your grandchildren.

And since he doesn't know he may be sharing micro-organisms with another man who may be sharing micro-organisms with who knows how many other women, he deserves to have the same information you have.

Let me say that again, because others have said it in a different way: You have information about him. He deserves to have the same information you have.

He can evaluate that information and act on it as he sees fit. But he deserves to have it.
I look at it that when you sleep with somebody you are effectively sleeping with everybody they have ever slept with. That puts STDs in a different light.

I'll just remind everybody our OP has said she will tell him by Sunday at latest. Let's give her that chance and assume she knows it's important to not chicken out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 09:37 AM

72 posts, read 50,661 times
Hi
Rachelle texted me just now and said that shes gonna break up with my son

Old 11-10-2018, 09:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
Hi
It's about time.

See? It worked.

Does your son have a job?

Old 11-10-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
That is a good solution, although I feel sorry for the pain your son must endure. Let's hope Rachelle won't mention the sexual performance or your involvement. If she doesn't mention that stuff then consider yourself to have dodged a bullet.

And please, get your son off pot. It causes demotivation and most people don't realize the effect can last for weeks, not just while under the influence. It also gives a false feeling that everything is great, when in fact your life may be going to hell. Use of pot can lead to major depression and the symptoms can last a year or longer even after quitting pot. You cannot solve life's problems by turning to alcohol or pot. They only worsen the problems because they encourage ignoring problems. They call it 'dope' for a good reason.

And make sure your son has a ready supply of condoms, it's worth it even if you pay for them. Consider a STD blood panel.

BTW are you ready to have grandchildren and help your son pay child support? ... Yeah, I thought so.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebelle View Post
it's about time.

See? It worked.

Does your son have a job?
👍

Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
That is a good solution, although I feel sorry for the pain your son must endure. Let's hope Rachelle won't mention the sexual performance or your involvement. If she doesn't mention that stuff then consider yourself to have dodged a bullet.

And please, get your son off pot. It causes demotivation and most people don't realize the effect can last for weeks, not just while under the influence. It also gives a false feeling that everything is great, when in fact your life may be going to hell. Use of pot can lead to major depression and the symptoms can last a year or longer even after quitting pot. You cannot solve life's problems by turning to alcohol or pot. They only worsen the problems because they encourage ignoring problems. They call it 'dope' for a good reason.

And make sure your son has a ready supply of condoms, it's worth it even if you pay for them. Consider a STD blood panel.

BTW are you ready to have grandchildren and help your son pay child support? ... Yeah, I thought so.
What does her mentioning the sexual thing have to do with it

Old 11-10-2018, 10:50 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
OP, your son is 19 so that means he's an adult. Stay outta his relationship life as he needs to find out and experience life's curves on his own. If you know she's cheating, then so does he.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Old 11-10-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Rachelle said your son was bad in bed. That's an ego crusher.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:08 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
Hell no do not get involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting