Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 07:25 PM

72 posts, read 50,632 times

Advertisements

Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:08 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
No Im starting to feel worse now lol. Its not easy when my friend lets me know everytime " shes over there "

So ummm should I send him over there while theyre being intimate to catch them in the act or just whenever ???
No, that is cruel.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:16 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
If they are being intimate, what? Do you expect them to be doing it on the kitchen table? They'll be in a bedroom with the door closed.

Is there anybody out there who lives with other people who doesn't close the door during sex?

That's why I say sending son over to borrow something won't work. If they are not caught en flagrante delicto then it accomplishes nothing. If he catches them sitting on the sofa watching TV, she's just visiting his buddy. No harm done to the conspiracy.

The "borrowing a cup of flour" thing is so full of holes it won't work to about 99% probability IMO.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:20 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,858,131 times
If this isn't a "creative writing exercise"...
tell the girlfriend she has two days to tell your son the truth or you're going to.

It'd be better coming from her than from you, and certainly better than him stumbling upon the situation and having it explode. But one way or the other he needs to know.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:22 PM

553 posts, read 302,259 times
How is this lady Tracey even your friend? This is sad on so many levels.

The person who has been left out of the whole the is the son. Poor guy. His mom goes behind his back to talk to his gf. Then the gf says he can’t perform. How mortifying. I suspect it will only get worse when Rachel tells the son his mom approached her and asked about their sex life.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:24 PM

I like the idea of leaning on the girlfriend. She's the cheater that made this whole mess possible.

Give her until Sunday evening and if son isn't fully apprised by then, lay the cards on the table.

Jeez, if this was happening to me I'd be really glad my mom told me. Aren't mothers supposed to protect their children? My mom and dad protected me and my sister. They would have died for us.

And OP is worried her son might get in a snit?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:29 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widowspeak67 View Post
My sons girlfriend ( Rachelle ) has been cheating with my friends (Tracy) son every other day for about 6 months now. My friend said she found out about it by walking in on them one day a while back. She We all live in the same neighborhood and she lives behind us. We go to the same gatherings and family events so were pretty close.

My son is 19 and my friends son is the same age. The girlfriend is 19. Shes still dating brandon (my son) but sleeps with my friends son often. Ive come to learn that she goes by my friends house right before coming over here to my son.

I asked my sister what she thought of it and she said that teen boys are very sensetive about their relationships and he might get angry at me for ” interfering ” or “butting in” or “sticking your nose”.
My sister askedcme how long has she been cheating and I told her ” for about 6 months”.
She said shes suprised that he hasnt figured out yet.
I feel wierd for not getting involved since I know exactly every time when they are doing it. (he still lives at home too) but I know my sister is probably right.

What do you other parents think ????
I am not a parent, but I am not too much older than the people involved. I think you need to have a talk with all of these CHILDREN about their behavior. This reads like some trailer trash-type stuff.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:31 PM

553 posts, read 302,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I like the idea of leaning on the girlfriend. She's the cheater that made this whole mess possible.

Give her until Sunday evening and if son isn't fully apprised by then, lay the cards on the table.

Jeez, if this was happening to me I'd be really glad my mom told me. Aren't mothers supposed to protect their children? My mom and dad protected me and my sister. They would have died for us.

And OP is worried her son might get in a snit?
Yeah but we are assuming that the son will even care. He may already know and be totally fine with this set up. He’s not completely free to live how he wants since he is in the OP’s house. But other than that he can make his own relationship decisions.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:52 PM

17,680 posts, read 9,168,053 times
Honestly, all things considered, I think it might be best to leave it alone. Rachelle will end up breaking up with your son if you tell him. Some people may say "who cares, she's a cheater", but your son is apparently happy having this girlfriend. She's still with him because she likes him. I don't know...the other guy is probably a jerk; otherwise, wouldn't Rachelle have dumped your son?

And others may not be interested in what Rachelle said but I am.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I am not a parent, but I am not too much older than the people involved. I think you need to have a talk with all of these CHILDREN about their behavior. This reads like some trailer trash-type stuff.
I like it... except...

Mom invites all three kids over and sits them on the sofa, delivers the news... and then I see a fight breaking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Yeah but we are assuming that the son will even care. He may already know and be totally fine with this set up. He’s not completely free to live how he wants since he is in the OP’s house. But other than that he can make his own relationship decisions.
Mom already said son is monogamous. See earlier in the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Honestly, all things considered, I think it might be best to leave it alone. Rachelle will end up breaking up with your son if you tell him. Some people may say "who cares, she's a cheater", but your son is apparently happy having this girlfriend. She's still with him because she likes him. I don't know...the other guy is probably a jerk; otherwise, wouldn't Rachelle have dumped your son?

And others may not be interested in what Rachelle said but I am.
As I said, mother says son is monogamous. That implies he doesn't know, or that mother doesn't know her son.

If the other guy is a jerk, why is Rachelle having sex with him? Jerk-sex? I can't answer what a woman would do but I wouldn't want sex with a jerk woman. I got past that kind of imagination when I was about 16. I grew up wanting a wife that was as good as my mother was for my dad.

Maybe I've been cursed by having decent parents...

Is Jerry Springer still on the air? Why not make some money out of it and reveal the surprise on live TV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting