U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 01:59 PM

34,774 posts, read 42,901,587 times

Advertisements

Iím old enough to remember the show with Art Linkletter. I thought it would be fun to hear the cute things your kids or grandkids say or do.

My kids and grands are grown, except for one who canít talk yet, but I got a chuckle recently when my 50 year old daughter came to visit me for a week. We were across the table having lunch when she said, ďMom, your arms arenít very fat. If you lifted weights, you could get them to look good.Ē
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 02:03 PM

293 posts, read 150,143 times
my 3 yr old boy

sings "oh my god look at her butt" in a mosque

"I'm too dizzy to pick my toys"

my sister died the lions and tigers killed him ( not her) at the zoo ...he never had any siblings

Old 11-07-2018, 03:36 PM

1,949 posts, read 745,678 times
My 3rd kid at age 3 missed two days of nursery school during which she had a fever/vomiting, requiring acetominophen suppositories as she couldn't keep oral meds down.

Upon returning to school this exchange happened as I dropped her off:
Miss Martha (teacher): "Violet why were you absent? Were you sick?"
Violet: "I was SO SICK, Mommy had to put an auditorium in my butt!"

I guess I can see how she mixed up the two words?

Same kid aged 7 in Montessori school where pupils were allowed to help clean up after lunch (volunteer basis).

Violet asked if a telephone had always been on the lunchroom wall (apparently she had just noticed it as she was helping clean that day and not distracted by eating/friends at the moment).

Teacher assured her it had always been there.

She replied, "I never saw it before and I don't think I am delusional".

Old 11-07-2018, 07:49 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,850,788 times
I had a discussion with my grandson (age 4) about why “Gwamma” can’t stand up and pee next to him. Without missing a beat, his asked, “Don’t you have a penis?”

When I told him that I don’t, he looked thoroughly disgusted, as if I lost mine or something.

When we were driving past a senior assistant home with pictures of older folks on the windows, he pointed and said, “Look Gwamma! Your picture is up on the wall!”

Old 11-07-2018, 08:46 PM

2,285 posts, read 940,158 times
Standing in a crowded line in a grocery store and my daughter was about 4 years old and loudly announced, "I heard that man in front of us fart, and it STINKS!" I wanted to crawl into a hole and die of embarrassment...

When we were buying her some underwear in the store she said, "I want the ones with no butt on them like mom wears!"

Those were just a couple of the more memorable ones...she's had plenty of them over the years, lol

Old 11-08-2018, 07:48 AM

293 posts, read 150,143 times
my mommy's penis fell off when she was a little girl

"poop is good for plants mommy that why I saved you some" , shows her soiled underwear (mother has indoor plants)

airport chicago , he sees a black gentleman from CONGo I'm assuming he was speaking french and wearing a necklace and cropped hair...boy got really excited and starting yelling "look daddy black panther " and running after him.Poor guy was so scared of my 3 yr old monster I apologized to him

Old 11-08-2018, 11:26 AM

752 posts, read 383,959 times
My daughter had a great moment in church - she was around 4 or 5, the pastor had announced that mornings scripture reading was from the book of Luke, and my daughter yells out "Star Wars!!".

Old 11-08-2018, 04:17 PM

5,053 posts, read 4,861,086 times
My kid was fascinated with trucks for a few years but had trouble pronouncing the word truck. He liked to say it every chance he got - look at that truck! Wow what a big truck, I love trucks, do you like trucks, that is a fast truck, etc. etc.

Tough part was that he pronounced it with an f rather than a tr.

So yeah there was that period.

Edit: Went to an Aunt's house who never had kids but got a dog. She said to my kid "let me introduce you to MY baby" and shows him the dog. He says "THAT'S your baby!!?". and she says "well yes" and he replies "it came out of your vagina?"

Old 11-08-2018, 04:39 PM

16,528 posts, read 16,017,438 times
When my son was two he loved all types of trucks and called them all "Dum" (I'm guessing short for dump truck). When some workers came to our house and parked their pickup truck in the drive way he got very excited and pointed and yelled "Dum, Dum" and the men got angry because they thought he was calling them "Dumb". I don't think that they believed the true story (that my son was excited about their truck).

Old 11-08-2018, 06:32 PM

34,774 posts, read 42,901,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
My kid was fascinated with trucks for a few years but had trouble pronouncing the word truck. He liked to say it every chance he got - look at that truck! Wow what a big truck, I love trucks, do you like trucks, that is a fast truck, etc. etc.

Tough part was that he pronounced it with an f rather than a tr.

So yeah there was that period.

Edit: Went to an Aunt's house who never had kids but got a dog. She said to my kid "let me introduce you to MY baby" and shows him the dog. He says "THAT'S your baby!!?". and she says "well yes" and he replies "it came out of your vagina?"
My late father got a kick out of my sisterís son about trucks, too. ďBig fruck, Grandpa!Ē At least he did put the r in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting