U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 11:05 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,937,776 times

Advertisements

Absolutely. I wish that I would have had a crystal ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
Does anyone here think their life would have been better without children? Or perhaps would have taken a wholly different direction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 08:41 AM

173 posts, read 89,083 times
Most of the people who would answer "yes" would not be on this forum.
I know much "regretted" children, sadly.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:23 AM

26,240 posts, read 5,471,992 times
My friend who had 6 kids said later she wished she had not had so many kids

but of course she loves them all.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:47 AM

22,194 posts, read 28,026,484 times
I don't regret mine, but there are obviously parents who do: children murdered, abused, thrown out of the house. It's not like that is rare.

There are homeless teens roaming the streets of big cities, kicked out of their family home with no place to go. It's a visible part of the homeless problem.

There are no qualifications to produce a child, so some parents are going to be unqualified.

Old Today, 11:37 PM

6,958 posts, read 3,958,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Yes all 4 are pretty emotionally crippled. The eldest two, ages 36 (m) and 35 (f) have 1 and soon to be 3 children respectively.

Both are far more loving to their children than I was to them; my son's wife is an angel with a huge, gentle heart and is very loving to their son luckily and my daughter actually plays with hers.

Their emotional detachment manifests more in their relation to peers/sig others/their sibs. We're all iike polite acquaintances in our interactions (though two of my daughters do tell me EVERYthing and more than I wish to know about their lives). None have ever been "in love" and the eldest two married partners that suited them in practical ways. All of us are incapabale of empathy for peers/adults but all are deeply affected by animal welfare issues.
You know, this is exactly how I am with my parents. Really my whole family (which is quite small) is like this.. Now you’ve got me curious about things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting