U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM

18,753 posts, read 3,821,225 times

Advertisements

Found adorable pull on body suits but they are long sleeve...(no legs)

will they be too hot when the baby reaches May, June, July, August??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

10,311 posts, read 16,836,560 times
My baby isn't born yet, but my "serious research" indicated I should buy short and long sleeved bodysuits in all sizes, i.e. all seasons.

I actually even got a warm fuzzy sleeper for summer because of my love of air conditioning!

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My baby isn't born yet, but my "serious research" indicated I should buy short and long sleeved bodysuits in all sizes, i.e. all seasons.

I actually even got a warm fuzzy sleeper for summer because of my love of air conditioning!

Well, Congratulations

Thanks for the info. I think long sleeves would be ok too since the bodysuit has no fabric on legs.

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

32,283 posts, read 39,561,022 times
Maybe. The rule for babies is that if Mom is cold, or hot, then so is the baby.

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM

24,503 posts, read 28,912,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

Thanks
Depends on the climate and what temp you keep your house. I had some of those that the baby wore in Sept/Oct in a warm climate.

Old Today, 02:49 AM

8,889 posts, read 10,385,951 times
Are y'all talking about onesies? Buy a ton, put them on your gift lists. First couple of months are all about onesies. And the first several weeks it's not going to matter what kind because you'll learn about swaddling when you are at the hospital.

Old Today, 07:19 AM

34,978 posts, read 43,126,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

Thanks
What is the climate? My 10 month old granddaughter in NC did not wear long sleeves in the summer, except for sun protection, but spring and fall, yes. Nailing when a baby will wear which size is a toughly. I bought an outfit in August, for Christmas, and Iíve had to return it for a bigger size.

Itís best if you just buy baby clothes at a place where mom can exchange them if the size or style doesnít work out.

Old Today, 08:26 AM

Ended up buying the long sleeve onesies....considering cool springs here, and ac indoors in summer, or for sun protection.

So many sweet clothes to choose from...

Old Today, 11:22 AM

19,221 posts, read 10,258,631 times
Long sleeve onesies are great layering pieces. And with AC running in the summer, definitely something that comes in handy. The general rule of thumb is to dress the baby in one more layer than you are comfortable in, but I found in the summer, that could also be long sleeves vs. my short sleeves.

It does take a little practice to get used to putting a long sleeved item on a baby though, but once you get used to it, it's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or