U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:13 AM

4,352 posts, read 3,159,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffins2001 View Post
I do like this comment that someone posted : I will say that the one thing I find interesting is that no parents admit to letting their kids rule the roost or run wild. Everyone thinks they're raising respectful, well-adjusted kids and every parent says their kids aren't allowed to misbehave in public. It seems a lot of parents are lying or don't recognize themselves for what kind of parents they are - or aren't.

Yes there are some parents that let kids run the house and others are strick and they run the household. Yes I think its great that the one person spends the day off with their child and do things. I also think that they should spend time with friends as well. You just can't ditch your friends/family because you have kids. I would think people could plan better and schedule something so you can do things with and with out your kids? I would hate just because I'm having kids I ditch friends/everyone because IĒm busy every day. The husband could stay home and watch the kids when I need to do something and the other way around. Babysitters are a option as well. It seems now a days that is the most absurd thing to suggest. Some people I know can never find anyone and its the hardest things in the world. Also what is with the kids that can only eat pizza and peanut butter and jelly? They are like that because the parents won't say no or the parents try to give them other food and they are hungry so the kids has to eat something aka Pizza or peanut butter jelly. So when pretty much when this parent brings these kids over to people's houses the kids over run the parents. I'm sorry but to me that is crazy.

But yes I'm excited because next year me and husband are going to have twins. So yes when they get older I do want to take them to Disney World. I do want to take them on family trips. I also want to take trips with just my husband which we are in the process of planning for when they twins are just 1 Ĺ years old(found a sitter already for that). Hopefully I can be a stay home parent and be there more for them. My husband and I want to play with them and teach them everything. We want to be really involved with our kids but we want to make time for other people as well. We are in the process for looking for baby sitters for random nights out and for over night trips as well.
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }
Congratulations on your twin pregnancy! I am looking forward to how your views on childrearing change when your children are born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:25 AM

39,924 posts, read 38,431,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Congratulations on your twin pregnancy! I am looking forward to how your views on childrearing change when your children are born.
Yes, as a mom of multiples myself I encourage Tiffins to save this post somewhere and read it when her twins are two.

The best-laid plans are no match for two infants.

Old Today, 09:10 AM

2,326 posts, read 4,853,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, as a mom of multiples myself I encourage Tiffins to save this post somewhere and read it when her twins are two.

The best-laid plans are no match for two infants.
She'll be fine! Babysitters are easy to find when you need them and they are not at all expensive. And 2 babies are twice the fun so sitters will be lining up to watch them for free.

Old Today, 10:09 AM

4,352 posts, read 3,159,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
She'll be fine! Babysitters are easy to find when you need them and they are not at all expensive. And 2 babies are twice the fun so sitters will be lining up to watch them for free.
And small children never do things like pick up a stomach bug an hour before you are supposed to leave them with a sitter, and they have no problem going to someone else's house and waiting until the adults are ready for their prime rib and risotto dinner so they can join in and enjoy the pleasant conversation.

Old Today, 10:11 AM

2,601 posts, read 1,130,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffins2001 View Post
I do like this comment that someone posted : I will say that the one thing I find interesting is that no parents admit to letting their kids rule the roost or run wild. Everyone thinks they're raising respectful, well-adjusted kids and every parent says their kids aren't allowed to misbehave in public. It seems a lot of parents are lying or don't recognize themselves for what kind of parents they are - or aren't.

Yes there are some parents that let kids run the house and others are strick and they run the household. Yes I think its great that the one person spends the day off with their child and do things. I also think that they should spend time with friends as well. You just can't ditch your friends/family because you have kids. I would think people could plan better and schedule something so you can do things with and with out your kids? I would hate just because I'm having kids I ditch friends/everyone because IĒm busy every day. The husband could stay home and watch the kids when I need to do something and the other way around. Babysitters are a option as well. It seems now a days that is the most absurd thing to suggest. Some people I know can never find anyone and its the hardest things in the world. Also what is with the kids that can only eat pizza and peanut butter and jelly? They are like that because the parents won't say no or the parents try to give them other food and they are hungry so the kids has to eat something aka Pizza or peanut butter jelly. So when pretty much when this parent brings these kids over to people's houses the kids over run the parents. I'm sorry but to me that is crazy.

But yes I'm excited because next year me and husband are going to have twins. So yes when they get older I do want to take them to Disney World. I do want to take them on family trips. I also want to take trips with just my husband which we are in the process of planning for when they twins are just 1 Ĺ years old(found a sitter already for that). Hopefully I can be a stay home parent and be there more for them. My husband and I want to play with them and teach them everything. We want to be really involved with our kids but we want to make time for other people as well. We are in the process for looking for baby sitters for random nights out and for over night trips as well.
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }

Well there is a difference between 5 and then 15 and itís not a matter of not willing to admit, just donít feel the need to publicly gossip about the struggles my daughter went through as a teen and is continually facing. Her teen years were an absolute nightmare and no we had no life for a few years, but we took this on because we love her, because this is the choice we make as parents. There are no regrets. I did lose one childless friend who just didnít understand but I canít say my friend was a loss that I cared about . Real friends understand and donít put their selfish needs first when they see their friend is facing the biggest fight of their lives trying to save a child from themselves.

Like many parents from the past, current parents and upcoming parents there will be some who indulge, some who neglect and some who are lucky enough to win the healthy or good kid lottery.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

11,233 posts, read 9,318,725 times
Another spoiled brat mega thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or