U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM

11,242 posts, read 9,318,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Can't speak for your 20 year old Asperger's child. He can legally take Uber, may or may not be in his best interest. As far as people saying it's fine for a kid under 18. Um, no. Read the rules. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18 or older on a ride.
Lawsuit protection on the part of Uber. Your average driver does not ask for an ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 16,183,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Uber has 18 as the minimum age to use a Uber as the primary rider/requester.

Under 18 can use Uber with someone 18+. The driver can reject the ride when S/He arrives and finds a underage rider. And will tag the account as a Under Age Rider so the rider can not just call another Uber. (Lyft I think has the same policy)
I'm glad that someone finally mentioned that it is against the rules to transport children under the age of 18.

Old Today, 03:01 AM

8,904 posts, read 10,411,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Lawsuit protection on the part of Uber. Your average driver does not ask for an ID.
True. Something I found interesting between Uber and Lyft, and this was a couple of years ago, I don't know if it's the case now. Lyft didn't allow "family" accounts while Uber did (does?). I had an 19 year old non-driver (legal age) at the time who could call Uber on my account. If she was using Lyft then I had to order the car and tell them they were picking up my kid, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or