Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 02:08 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,060,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...ave-a-nickname

Squire Sebastian Senator is his full FIRST name and she is insisting people call him by his full name.

People are ridiculous
That's a Star Wars name. Theres quite a few normal yet less common names she could have went with if she was going for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 07:57 PM

9,250 posts, read 11,006,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...ave-a-nickname

Squire Sebastian Senator is his full FIRST name and she is insisting people call him by his full name.

People are ridiculous
Yes, it's quite obvious she's not crazy. Quite obvious.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:47 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,765,919 times
While this isn't nearly as weird, I know a woman who named her daughter Isabella - and INSISTED (before the child was born) that nobody was going to shorten it to Izzy or Bella. Guess what? People did/do it anyway.

I mean, what are you going to do about that? Fine anyone who doesn't use your child's full name? People will shorten long names, whether you (the parent OR child) like it or not.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:58 PM

15,967 posts, read 20,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Once that baby gets to toddler stage and beyond and starts getting into mischief she will shorten that name. Shouting "Squire Sebastian Senator- Middle name -Last name" would get old quick.
Could be advantageous for the kid, by the time she gets to the end of it she might forget why she was scolding him.

Old 12-12-2018, 03:42 AM

20,366 posts, read 4,276,077 times
She thinks this name will make him a success in life. lol

Maybe she could change it to Sebastian Squire and he can become a Senator.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 AM

9,400 posts, read 9,689,645 times
Senator? He starts with very low approval ratings.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:17 AM

30,703 posts, read 79,429,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
While this isn't nearly as weird, I know a woman who named her daughter Isabella - and INSISTED (before the child was born) that nobody was going to shorten it to Izzy or Bella. Guess what? People did/do it anyway.

I mean, what are you going to do about that? Fine anyone who doesn't use your child's full name? People will shorten long names, whether you (the parent OR child) like it or not.
We had that war with our daughter Cjersti. Many people, including MIL tried desperately to call her only by her middle name or call her CJ in the hopes it would stick. I fought it and won out over time. When she got old enough to have an opinion on the subject, she preferred to be called Cjersti. However now as an adult, she often uses the moniker CJ. She still likes her name, but sometimes it is a struggle to spell or explain (it is a variant spelling of the Swedish/German name Kjersti - which is commonly Christy in English). I am not sure what name she publishes under, i will have to go look.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:09 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,837,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
We had that war with our daughter Cjersti. Many people, including MIL tried desperately to call her only by her middle name or call her CJ in the hopes it would stick. I fought it and won out over time. When she got old enough to have an opinion on the subject, she preferred to be called Cjersti. However now as an adult, she often uses the moniker CJ. She still likes her name, but sometimes it is a struggle to spell or explain (it is a variant spelling of the Swedish/German name Kjersti - which is commonly Christy in English). I am not sure what name she publishes under, i will have to go look.
Since we're talking about it, I hope you won't mind my asking: what possessed you to give your daughter a name she would have to spell for people for as long as she lived?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:43 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,302,856 times
"claiming her name choice will make her son “extraordinary.”

This is a quote from the link.

It's sad parents believe giving their child an unusual name will make the child extraordinary. But many parents who give these weird names believe exactly that.

It's just not so. A kid becoming extraordinary is a lot more complex than just the ability to give your child a creative name.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:06 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,209,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
One may safely infer by the syntax of her writing that she is neither bright nor well educated; her claims of being related to "squires and senators" smack of a bizarre fantasy.

"Y'all are talking s**t about my unborn child" is an excerpt. Says it all. Likely she is southern white trash in lineage.

You seem to have the race thing nailed down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting