U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-29-2018, 06:34 PM
 
1,384 posts, read 1,042,007 times
Reputation: 4527

Advertisements

Quit trying to reason with this child, nothing you say is going to have any impact on her. She is irresponsible, immature and proud of it. You can’t help her until she is ready to change.

 
Old 12-29-2018, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,797 posts, read 3,517,671 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Debt doesn't go away after 7 years. A bankruptcy or foreclosure will go away after 7 years. The debt does not. I've never had any of those things, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.



Things you should have considered before taking in 4 animals.
You're correct. I was a Bank Manager for years and this is a big misconception people have. Debt never leaves your credit report unless you file bankruptcy and then it goes off your report after 10 years. If the OP did not file bankruptcy then the debt will sit there in a collection status. Plus, creditors can still go after you for the debt.

Last edited by CGab; 12-29-2018 at 07:24 PM..
 
Old 12-29-2018, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,797 posts, read 3,517,671 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
When did I disrespect her?
When I stayed up till 3am to get all my stuff out of the way because she lumped **** on me last minute?
Or when I went over Christmas Eve and sat in the floor until I hurt helping her wrap everyone’s gifts?
Or when my boyfriend not only cooked dinner for everyone but cleaned up after dinner too?
Or on Christmas Day when I helped her in the kitchen while everyone else got to sit and relax in the living room?
Or when I help her mother with EVERYTHING because she’s too lazy too?

Please enlighten me as to when I’m so disrespectful to my mother...
I’m waiting...
Have you read what you have wrote in any of your posts? You disrespected her when you didn't put your phone down when asked. Period. I agree your mother has issues, but the way you speak of her is very disrespectful. If you really can't stand her then cut ties with her. Bashing her on the internet is not respecting her, no matter how much you do to help her.

Last edited by CGab; 12-29-2018 at 07:46 PM..
 
Old 12-29-2018, 07:27 PM
 
5,113 posts, read 2,676,437 times
Reputation: 22782
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
... It's not about the fact that it's your phone that you pay for, it's the fact that you were being disrespectful. You wouldn't rudely pull your phone out and text people while you were a guest at someone else's dinner would you?
I cringed when I read that part about the phone.

Yes, I think your mother was over the top screaming about it--however the phone texting can be annoying to observe.
 
Old 12-29-2018, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
6,125 posts, read 6,498,237 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I cringed when I read that part about the phone.

Yes, I think your mother was over the top screaming about it--however the phone texting can be annoying to observe.
My grandmother called her little old lady friends to wish them a Merry Christmas. No one screamed at her.
 
Old 12-29-2018, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,797 posts, read 3,517,671 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
Quit trying to reason with this child, nothing you say is going to have any impact on her. She is irresponsible, immature and proud of it. You can’t help her until she is ready to change.
I totally agree and can't Rep you enough on this statement! She just doesn't get it and at her age she should!
 
Old 12-29-2018, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
6,125 posts, read 6,498,237 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Have you read what you have wrote in any of your posts? You disrespected her when you didn't put your phone down when asked. Period. I agree your mother has issues, but the way you speak of her is very disrespectful. If you really can't stand her then cut ties with her. Bashing her on the internet is not respecting her, no matter how much you do to help her.
Thatís just it.
Iím almost 30 and she doesnít pay my phone bill. She has no place asking me to put my phone down and no place expecting obedience out of a 30 year old, Iím not a child. No one gets to tell me what to do anymore.
 
Old 12-29-2018, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,797 posts, read 3,517,671 times
Reputation: 13019
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Thatís just it.
Iím almost 30 and she doesnít pay my phone bill. She has no place asking me to put my phone down and no place expecting obedience out of a 30 year old, Iím not a child. No one gets to tell me what to do anymore.
I suppose you're correct there; however, it's just rude to keep texting in another persons presence. And whether you like it or not she's still you mother and you should respect her. Doesn't matter how old you are.

Some day you might have a child and you will understand this.
 
Old 12-29-2018, 08:13 PM
 
Location: Liberal Coast
4,275 posts, read 5,048,178 times
Reputation: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Thatís just it.
Iím almost 30 and she doesnít pay my phone bill. She has no place asking me to put my phone down and no place expecting obedience out of a 30 year old, Iím not a child. No one gets to tell me what to do anymore.
There's actually something called manners. If I get a text while at a family event, I wait to check the text until we're done. You may not be a child, but you certainly act like one.
 
Old 12-29-2018, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Liberal Coast
4,275 posts, read 5,048,178 times
Reputation: 3888
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
No she literally doesnít take care of herself at all.
Sheís completely let herself go.
Thereís a major difference between embracing natural beauty and letting all your teeth rot to the point a dentist has to pull all your teeth, literally all of them.
You are very focused on the externals. Why is something you're proud of that you changed your appearance? Why is the fact that your mother "let herself go" the most important thing for you to mention? Externals aren't what matters in regards to people. Stuff isn't what matters. Not paying your debts because you want to drink and vape isn't necessarily something to be proud of. You keep mentioning that you're almost 30, but yet you certainly don't act like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top