U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:19 AM

6,125 posts, read 6,498,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Nobody cares about, or pays much mind to, your personal appearance. It means zero anyway and given youíre 30 your physical looks are only going to decline from here on out as you age. Your posts reek of being vain and obsessed over your personal appearance which doesnít really matter to anyone but yourself.

Sure you can do your eyebrows great and what else is there? Youíre unemployed, broke, dependent on a boyfriend/grandma, and practically do nothing. But your eyebrows and makeup are on point!!

What are you going to do when youíre 40 and your looks are gone? 50? Stormy Daniels V2.0???
Seeing as I look so young at 30 I have much more hope for myself over the next decade.

Old Today, 12:41 AM

11,478 posts, read 6,865,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Like I said Iím not all made up. I simply make it look like I have two full eyebrows and I do light eyeliner and mascara and thatís it. If I leave my house for anything at all I have my brows done. Sometimes I donít wear any make up but my brows so it looks like Iím not even wearing make up. I just want my eyebrows to look like they always have. Iím not going to to adapt to some ďnew normalĒ when Ulta exists.

I have long thick hair too and I shower and wash my hair every morning and my hair is just fine and amazingly soft, if I donít it gets greasy looking.

Thereís nothing wrong with taking a shower every morning. If I let my hair dry over night itíd be so wavy in the morning Iíd have to soak it and blow dry it just to get all the waves out.

I brush my hair out, add my leave in conditioner, let it air dry while I do make up and then blow dry it the rest of the way once Iím done with my make up.
Cool.

I was just trying to offer some advice so you didn't have to waste 3 hours (!!) every morning cleaning and getting ready.

Old Today, 04:33 AM

9,713 posts, read 13,620,160 times
Quote:
My eyebrows are dark and my face is pale, you can noticeably tell that part of it is gone and it changes the way my face looks. Itís very noticeable.

I donít care what anyone says about it.
Something was taken from me that day and I gain it back by doing my eyebrows.
I donít like looking in the mirror and being reminded of the pain and the recovery.
Itís soenth I want to forget and not have to be reminded of every morning and every day.
Get it tattooed on?

Old Today, 07:12 AM

4,622 posts, read 3,255,867 times
I was bitten by a dog when I was 3 years old and there’s a piece of my eyebrow missing. I literally have never even considered filling it back in. It’s just what my face looks like. I doubt anyone else in my life, including my husband of 20 years, has even noticed. This whole thread is fascinating to me.

My daughter has two scars on her forehead. One is from falling and cutting it open when she was a toddler (oh man, that was awful for me, though she only cried for 10 minutes...) and the other is from a metal swing hitting her above the eye when she was about 7. She is 15 now. When she wears makeup, which is maybe 1/3 of the time, she doesn’t cover them. They are just part of her face.

Maybe it’s different if you acquire a scar as an adult.

But I will tell you that at 40, it all starts going downhill even if you look young. I look young but I have dark spots on my chin and under one eye. And some crows feet around my eyes. I would never get anything done if I had to try to hide it all. Nobody’s face is perfect and nobody really looks that closely at anyone else. I get that the eyebrow thing is more of a mental health issue and I also struggle with anxiety and know that it isn’t rational. I hope the OP can get the help she needs to break this cycle.

Old Today, 08:12 AM

6,125 posts, read 6,498,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Get it tattooed on?
Yeah microblading.
Itís like $425 a session. Iíve already looked into in. Includes one touch up and last 18-24 months.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

8,579 posts, read 5,396,215 times
If you want to spend 40 minutes everyday doing your eyebrows then go for it. I donít even understand why you told us about your personal schedule when asked what you do for grandma after you said that you wanted help with her. You really donít have a lot to do and could easily lessen your load with planning and a few easy changes. Why you ignore that and instead choose to talk about getting ready
in the morning, something everyone manages, is beyond me.

Old Today, 09:01 AM

21,283 posts, read 22,426,241 times
Quote:
Yeah microblading.
Itís like $425 a session. Iíve already looked into in. Includes one touch up and last 18-24 months.
If you were to get a job you could afford it.

Old Today, 09:13 AM

240 posts, read 92,176 times
Quote:
Seeing as I look so young at 30 I have much more hope for myself over the next decade.
Bahahahaha.

Oh my.

Nobody could give a rat’s tail less about your looks if the rest of your life is in shambles!

Last edited by MisterRice; Today at 09:28 AM..

Old Today, 09:47 AM

13,494 posts, read 21,369,126 times
This thread has drifted into so many topics it is impossible to stay on topic any longer CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting