U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

24 posts, read 2,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkins803 View Post
Thank you,

Yes, I may seek counseling. This forum has helped a lot. I appreciate everyone comments. I've not had to deal with this much emotional pain in a years. I guess I am lucky and it makes me more sympathetic to others pain. My words to people are much kinder and softer. We all need it in this world. Thank you all
I still have a 23-year-old loyal son that actually is moving back home for a while. I get to love on him some. That will make me feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM

30,005 posts, read 32,542,023 times
Love her and the grandchild, but mind your money. I've seem this before and sometimes it ends with a grandparent supporting a brood of kids/grandkids who insisted on being their own person while never being held responsible for their choices.

Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM

11,539 posts, read 3,226,196 times
Quote:
Yes her dad is here. We have been divorced since she was 6 months. He has not been a hands-on dad. Just a dad in my opinion that has done the bare minimum. He is the type of dad that believe that his kids should reach out for him, instead of it being his responsibility to reach out to them. Whereas I was the mom who took on the responsibility that it's my job to make sure they were str8, because they didn't ask to come here.

Have I been disrespectful to her, yes with some of my comments? Comments like she is slow, she is not using critical thinking. Could I have been softer, yes, but then again you guys don't know the full story and truth be told, I know my daughter planned this pregnancy because she caught the BF cheating and a week later, I found a pregnancy test and confronted her on it. It's a lot and I am in this space that I was not prepared for and I hope I can feel better and not so broken
I'm a little confused. I thought you said she found out about the pregnancy at an exam for the military.

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

8,426 posts, read 7,745,285 times
Repair your relationship with your daughter.

In time you may grow to love the boyfriend who will forever be in your life with this child.

She will not bend to your will.

Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM

2,128 posts, read 499,605 times
Quote:
My 18-year-old daughter is pregnant and has now moved in with her boyfriend and his mother. She was supposed to go into the Air Force and on her final exam, she found out she was pregnant. I was devastated and disappointed. I do not like the family and I tried my best to ship her off to the military because of that. She and her BF family have now turned on me because I told them exactly how I felt about them and how I wished my plan had work. Needless to say, I am public enemy number 1. In my opinion, the family and the son are the blind leading the blind. I tried to put my child on a good path and she ran off and joined the circus, literally. My main issue is really with the parents. What parents let their child, son or daughter, just lay up in their house and use it as a hotel??? These new age parents just really make me SICK. I even found out that the BF trash mom use to let my daughter and her BF use the same hotel room she used while she cheated on her husband her BF stepfather. I blame the parents. My mother would NEVER let me or my brother do that. RESPECT is at an all-time low, and adults are NOT setting good examples. PERIOD!!!! I love my daughter so much and did my best to spend time and teach her well. Everyone around me says that she is going through a phase and she will pay for disrespecting me. The problem is I am heartbroken and I feel shame that a child of mine that I nurtured for 18 years has more loyalty to a boyfriend she has had less than a year and has completely abandoned and disrespected a loving, nurturing and giving mother. I fear that she will turn on me forever, especially since the trash mom and BF are in her head. I am trying to figure out if it is God or the Devil that take away the things you love the most.
Most people WANT their kids to move out if they will soon be a parent...

Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm a little confused. I thought you said she found out about the pregnancy at an exam for the military.
I found a pregnancy test about a month and a half ago and confronted her about it. Then she goes to her military exam about two weeks ago and she's pregnant. I believe she was trying to hold on to the BF because a week before that she caught him cheating

Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM

24,755 posts, read 29,297,063 times
Quote:
My 18-year-old daughter is pregnant and has now moved in with her boyfriend and his mother. She was supposed to go into the Air Force and on her final exam, she found out she was pregnant. I was devastated and disappointed. I do not like the family and I tried my best to ship her off to the military because of that. She and her BF family have now turned on me because I told them exactly how I felt about them and how I wished my plan had work. Needless to say, I am public enemy number 1. In my opinion, the family and the son are the blind leading the blind. I tried to put my child on a good path and she ran off and joined the circus, literally. My main issue is really with the parents. What parents let their child, son or daughter, just lay up in their house and use it as a hotel??? These new age parents just really make me SICK. I even found out that the BF trash mom use to let my daughter and her BF use the same hotel room she used while she cheated on her husband her BF stepfather. I blame the parents. My mother would NEVER let me or my brother do that. RESPECT is at an all-time low, and adults are NOT setting good examples. PERIOD!!!! I love my daughter so much and did my best to spend time and teach her well. Everyone around me says that she is going through a phase and she will pay for disrespecting me. The problem is I am heartbroken and I feel shame that a child of mine that I nurtured for 18 years has more loyalty to a boyfriend she has had less than a year and has completely abandoned and disrespected a loving, nurturing and giving mother. I fear that she will turn on me forever, especially since the trash mom and BF are in her head. I am trying to figure out if it is God or the Devil that take away the things you love the most.
Re the bolded... you did this, said this, and now you wonder why she "turned on you?" Hello?

Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
Most people WANT their kids to move out if they will soon be a parent...
My kids will always have a place, as long as I have a place.

Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM

24,755 posts, read 29,297,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Also, you can't get pregnant and get a positive test within 1 week.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Repair your relationship with your daughter.

In time you may grow to love the boyfriend who will forever be in your life with this child.

She will not bend to your will.
I am trying to repair with her, but the BF and his trashy mom I won't ever like. The BF might grow on me and I hope he does, but the things his grown mom has done, forget about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or