U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM

30 posts, read 2,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Also, you can't get pregnant and get a positive test within 1 week.
She is not far along at all. The military gives you the ultimate exam. Just because I don't have the exact date and time down to a science, I fail to see why any of that matters? It has played out the way I described
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Re the bolded... you did this, said this, and now you wonder why she "turned on you?" Hello?
KibbieKat, you are getting on my nerves. Going into the military was MY daughter's plan too. When my daughter told me that her BF had cheated and that the mom was getting them hotel rooms after she cheated on her husband, you damn right I was praying that I could put some distance between her and the BF. I still fail to see your points. In fact, don't even have one!!! Please

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

24,757 posts, read 29,297,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkins803 View Post
She is not far along at all. The military gives you the ultimate exam. Just because I don't have the exact date and time down to a science, I fail to see why any of that matters? It has played out the way I described
I don't really understand what you are saying, but in one of your posts you said she planned the pregnancy because she caught him cheating; and that you found the pregnancy test a week later.

Even if she got pregnant the day of or the day after she caught him cheating, she wouldn't have a positive test 1 week later. It matters because she couldn't have planned the pregnancy because of the cheating, if she found out she was pregnant only a week later. It's impossible.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Quote:
My 18-year-old daughter is pregnant and has now moved in with her boyfriend and his mother. She was supposed to go into the Air Force and on her final exam, she found out she was pregnant. I was devastated and disappointed. I do not like the family and I tried my best to ship her off to the military because of that. She and her BF family have now turned on me because I told them exactly how I felt about them and how I wished my plan had work. Needless to say, I am public enemy number 1. In my opinion, the family and the son are the blind leading the blind. .
Quote:
KibbieKat, you are getting on my nerves. Going into the military was MY daughter's plan too. When my daughter told me that her BF had cheated and that the mom was getting them hotel rooms after she cheated on her husband, you damn right I was praying that I could put some distance between her and the BF. I still fail to see your points. In fact, don't even have one!!! Please
I'm just going off of what you said. My point is that you said some hurtful things to your daughter. She had a choice between an apparently supportive family, and you, after you said some unkind, unsupportive things to her. I'm not surprised she chose the other.

Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

1,057 posts, read 711,701 times
Quote:
I don't really understand what you are saying, but in one of your posts you said she planned the pregnancy because she caught him cheating; and that you found the pregnancy test a week later.

Even if she got pregnant the day of or the day after she caught him cheating, she wouldn't have a positive test 1 week later. It matters because she couldn't have planned the pregnancy because of the cheating, if she found out she was pregnant only a week later. It's impossible.
I'm sure the daughter had relations with her bf before she found out he cheated.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I'm sure the daughter had relations with her bf before she found out he cheated.
Yes, I get that. The OP said she PLANNED it because she caught him cheating. You can't plan it, get pregnant, and have the hormones to turn the stick pink within 1 week. Perhaps she misspoke, but she said the daughter caught him cheating and had a positive test a week later.

Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I'm just going off of what you said. My point is that you said some hurtful things to your daughter. She had a choice between an apparently supportive family, and you, after you said some unkind, unsupportive things to her. I'm not surprised she chose the other.
I've had my daughter on birth control for years and we had constant talks. Women don't get pregnant nowadays unless they want to FACTS. Like I said, keep your points. You are not helpful

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Don't comment.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I've had my daughter on birth control for years and we had constant talks. Women don't get pregnant nowadays unless they want to FACTS. Like I said, keep your points. You are not helpful
Quote:
Don't comment.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM

6,876 posts, read 12,069,899 times
Quote:
I found a pregnancy test about a month and a half ago and confronted her about it. Then she goes to her military exam about two weeks ago and she's pregnant. I believe she was trying to hold on to the BF because a week before that she caught him cheating
Having a kid is THE most life-changing thing a person can do ... yet so many take it so freakin' lightly. It makes me a bit crazy because it seems so, well, stupid. No other word for it.

OP, I don't know what to tell you. I would be incredibly disappointed in my kid as well. I think an abortion would be in order, since your daughter and her cheating BF (that she's trying to hold on to? WHY???) don't seem ready to be parents -- but I suspect that ship has sailed.

And "god" and "the devil"? Ugh. They don't exist. Don't blame them. This is simply regular people making stupid decisions, which unfortunately will cause problems for yet another generation.

I wish you luck ... seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or