U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

316 posts, read 265,333 times

Advertisements

I compare her mother's behavior with her father's behavior and I cannot come to any other conclusion than ...

her father is at fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

136 posts, read 49,595 times
Quote:

This man isn't a parent. He's a mooch who is trying to find fortune and fame through a glorified sperm donation. He hasn't been there for Meghan EVER; even now he goes between trashing her and her new family to begging them to forgive him in exchange for attention. At best he has an illness of some kind that pushes this behavior involentarly.
He paid for her education and went into debt to do it. He was there supporting her financially when she was little and he supported her financially when she wanted to become an actress. In my book that's a parent.
More so than anybody else who couldn't give a crap about whether or not their child was provided for growing up and/or even had the money to go to school. He may be trash, stupid, attention seeking or anything else for that matter, but he never NEGLECTED her.

He is her father, and she owes it to him to have a conversation and resolve the matters. She owes it to him to be upfront and honest. Instead she either ignores him or writes narcissistic letters.

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRosencranz View Post
I compare her mother's behavior with her father's behavior and I cannot come to any other conclusion than ...

her father is at fault.
What sort of father publishes a private letter from his daughter and humiliates her, eek. The mother meanwhile just quietly gets on with her life and respects her daughters privacy.

Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,293,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_nina1 View Post
He paid for her education and went into debt to do it. He was there supporting her financially when she was little and he supported her financially when she wanted to become an actress. In my book that's a parent.
More so than anybody else who couldn't give a crap about whether or not their child was provided for growing up and/or even had the money to go to school. He may be trash, stupid, attention seeking or anything else for that matter, but he never NEGLECTED her.

He is her father, and she owes it to him to have a conversation and resolve the matters. She owes it to him to be upfront and honest. Instead she either ignores him or writes narcissistic letters.
He didn’t go into debt, sheesh he used his lottery winning to help pay for his children’s education, that is what parents are supposed to do. He may have not neglected her but his current behaviour and selling private correspondence to the news is abusive. His past history doesn’t make up for his current abuse. And she has tried but everytime she communicates, the last being a letter he sells the info or copies of letters to the tabloids.

Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
He didnít go into debt, sheesh he used his lottery winning to help pay for his childrenís education, that is what parents are supposed to do. He may have not neglected her but his current behaviour and selling private correspondence to the news is abusive. His past history doesnít make up for his current abuse. And she has tried but everytime she communicates, the last being a letter he sells the info or copies of letters to the tabloids.
The parents are supposed to pay for their childrens education?? NO.
They are NOT supposed to. Nowhere does it state that they are obliged to do that.
He did.
And he did MORE than many other parents have done.

Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM

206 posts, read 76,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_nina1 View Post
The parents are supposed to pay for their childrens education?? NO.
They are NOT supposed to. Nowhere does it state that they are obliged to do that.
He did.
And he did MORE than many other parents have done.
He did the bare minimum. He conveniently paid for Meghan's schooling as to avoid paying full child support and by all accounts probably owed as much if not more than what he ended pay. And as she wasn't the only child he's had (and all the others have gotten private education) so it fails to absolve him in any way as all his children got this treatment, if not better as he was more involved in their lives.

My husbands father never did a single thing to help actually raise him. Sure he put his name on a couple presents the grandparents bought for his son and paid for his high school graduation....but the man was absent for every time my husband's mother had to sacrifice her time, money, and well being to care for THEIR child while he went around letting other people foot the bill as he had affairs, smoked weed, and pretty much avoided all responsibility entirely. Yet he goes around saying he helped raise him and influenced his career therefore he deserves credit for my husbands success. Like Meghan's father my "Father"in-law acts as if my husband owes him simply for being his son despite making no attempts to act as a real father who is actively involved and supportive during the child's upbringing.

Anyone can write a check for a school, doing that and only that only earns one a title of an absent Guardian. The fact that's all he claims to have done is just another example of why he's absolutely deserving of this estrangement. He provided the finances for her schooling, so that means he gets to run around and trash her image and place her in a negative situation with her new life? Him providing her schooling does not give him the right to pretend he's a fixture in her life. It doesn't do anything but prove that he was 100% willing to let his daughter hang out to dry until he got a payout and had to account for him abandoning his child.

Last edited by musicfamly5; Yesterday at 03:46 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

7,804 posts, read 2,920,515 times
Her dad paying for college doesn't mean she owes him all this attention now. She owes him nothing. He needs to move on with his life. Same with her half sister.

Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

11,089 posts, read 5,377,555 times
Probably her dad. But Princess Diana was not all angel either, she had trouble with her mom. Plus I didn’t like all the public airing of her trouble martiage on TV either. I believe her son Prince Williamdidnt like that either.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Anyone can write a check for a school, doing that and only that only earns one a title of an absent Guardian
No. Not anyone. And when someone does, they are doing A LOT.
Just think about how your life would have turned out had your parents told you at 18 that you are on your own, and I am thinking probably not that great.
Parents who help older children get on their feet are doing a very honorable deed. Those who can't understand this simple fact had probably had everything handed to them and hence they think it is not a big deal at all. It is.

Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Her dad paying for college doesn't mean she owes him all this attention now. She owes him nothing. He needs to move on with his life. Same with her half sister.
She may owe him nothing and she may need to move on.
However, this doesn't change the fact that he PARTICIPATED in her life and education and helped her get to where she is today. From the parent perspective he is not a horrible guy. And no, you do not ghost a parent who SUPPORTED you your entire life. You may choose not to have anything to do with a deadbeat parent, but he is certainly not that/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or