U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM

10,121 posts, read 6,749,324 times

Advertisements

Come on...give her a clean slate. We aren't part of her family...we don't really know. But...give her a break and let her lead her own life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM

35,864 posts, read 44,012,927 times
I could not care less, but..l think Meghan is a nice, well brought up girl. I watched an interview with her father, and he seems like a nice man. Once someone gets into the royal meatgrinder, there is a shut down on real information, and all that remains is made up information.

What I think is, is that Meghan and her father communicate privately, and their relationship is probably about the same as it always was.

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM

7,811 posts, read 2,920,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_nina1 View Post
She may owe him nothing and she may need to move on.
However, this doesn't change the fact that he PARTICIPATED in her life and education and helped her get to where she is today. From the parent perspective he is not a horrible guy. And no, you do not ghost a parent who SUPPORTED you your entire life. /
It's not all about money. A parent can pay for college and still be a bad parent and have a personality disorder. She cannot force the Royal family to like her father and give him the royal title he craves.

Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM

32,908 posts, read 9,705,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
Given that obviously, there are lots of parents here, for those that have read a lot of the drama going on between Meghan Markle and her father that keeps popping up all the time, who do you think is in the most wrong here? I don't have kids but I have read a lot and to me I think Meghan is acting like a very perpetuate little baby. From what I know, her father actually has helped her out a lot in her life yet she continually cries like a little girl about him. I think Prince Harry made a HUGE mistake marrying this spoiled little princess who always wants to whine and cry like a two year old. A woman like Princess Diana makes Meghan look like a toddler and would slap her around from Zeta Reticuli and back in comparison.

That's just me though, which I would really like to hear opinions from parents.

I don't know about MM, but that bolded part gave me a chuckle. Lets see...Diana hurling herself down the stairs, locking herself in the bathroom, repeatedly calling an ex-boyfriend, and hanging up. I guess we all have our standards for adult behavior.

But then, again, there was Charles and Camilla and their "tampon talk," so these horsey people all deserve each other.

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

136 posts, read 49,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's not all about money. A parent can pay for college and still be a bad parent and have a personality disorder. She cannot force the Royal family to like her father and give him the royal title he craves.
We don't know how bad a parent he was or whether or not he has a personality disorder.
If he was and does, she could have issued a concise statement that would have left no room for further negotiations of a relationship instead of writing letter or ghosting him.

She has been happily taking pictures with him as recently as at college graduation and even afterwards. She wouldn't have if he was that bad.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

912 posts, read 391,554 times
People be they politicians, celebrities, or your average Joe are flawed. Although I wish people would not intrude on the Royal Family too much, they represent their country, and their lives are very much public.

I'm actually surprised that people have been paying so much attention to Meghan this late after the wedding. I suspect, however, all she has to do is wait it out. The Queen will likely be dead within a few years, and the controversy of Charles will begin.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,293,037 times
Quote:
We don't know how bad a parent he was or whether or not he has a personality disorder.
If he was and does, she could have issued a concise statement that would have left no room for further negotiations of a relationship instead of writing letter or ghosting him.

She has been happily taking pictures with him as recently as at college graduation and even afterwards. She wouldn't have if he was that bad.

She wrote him a letter which he then sold to a tabloid , nice dad

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

136 posts, read 49,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
She wrote him a letter which he then sold to a tabloid , nice dad
She wrote him a letter knowing he'd sell to a tabloid.
The calligraphy of the letter is amazing. Are you sure she penned it?

Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

1,763 posts, read 577,659 times
She is pregnant, and is entitled to be emotional while being in that state. It's Meghan's party and she can cry if she wants to.

The public loves drama, and like any celebrities, the royals need something to keep them out there in the public eye and on your mind. As the future King and Queen of England, William and Kate have to be stellar in every way. No so with Harry and Meghan. The line they walk is not as rigid as the one laid out for William and Kate.

For what its worth, when you see Harry looking at Meghan it appears he really loves her regardless of her father and any drama he helps them create.

Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,293,037 times
Quote:
She wrote him a letter knowing he'd sell to a tabloid.
The calligraphy of the letter is amazing. Are you sure she penned it?
why don’t you ask her father since he claims it’s from his daughter and he’s profiting from selling it to the tabloids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or