U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:53 PM

136 posts, read 50,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
why donít you ask her father since he claims itís from his daughter and heís profiting from selling it to the tabloids
He *says* it's from his daughter? Then it must indeed be from her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 PM

16 posts, read 2,950 times
I think she should reach a point in her adult life where she stops blaming her parents.

Have you ever heard those lyrics: "I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do"?

It's kind of like that. Yes, her father seems like a manipulative and egotistical man, but she is her own person now and she aught to make the right choices seperate from her father. She can't keep using him as a psychological crutch for blame.

This swings back to fathers. I believe men are deficit or lack in empathy, and that empathy usually comes naturally to a woman (though there are exceptions). The reason men run away from people: be it their kids, wives or responsibilities is because their inability to empathise means they don't care about who they leave behind.

It's interesting that now Meghan has come so far as a public figure and an appendage to a Royal, he wants to be associated with her. This could be narcissism, i.e. the idea that a narcissist must surround himself with influential people because it makes him look good or powerful.

Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM

2,956 posts, read 1,296,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_nina1 View Post
He *says* it's from his daughter? Then it must indeed be from her.
Well you did ask ďare you sure she penned the letterĒ.
If you are okay with a father selling the content of his daughters private letters to the tabloids so be it.

Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

5,143 posts, read 1,803,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Her father, not her mother with whom she is close, and the siblings started first
chiding her in public...the more they do this, the more she'll withdraw and so would I....

This is the way I see it too. I don't follow "Everything royal" like I suppose some people do, but it's always seemed to me that her father and her half siblings have been childish, mercenary, and angry that they couldn't somehow cash in on the royalty train.

It's little wonder to me that she chooses to ignore them. What is she really supposed to do? She's a royal princess...is she supposed to get down and roll in the proverbial mud with these folks?

Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM

4,657 posts, read 11,732,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
Given that obviously, there are lots of parents here, for those that have read a lot of the drama going on between Meghan Markle and her father that keeps popping up all the time, who do you think is in the most wrong here? I don't have kids but I have read a lot and to me I think Meghan is acting like a very perpetuate little baby. From what I know, her father actually has helped her out a lot in her life yet she continually cries like a little girl about him. I think Prince Harry made a HUGE mistake marrying this spoiled little princess who always wants to whine and cry like a two year old. A woman like Princess Diana makes Meghan look like a toddler and would slap her around from Zeta Reticuli and back in comparison.

That's just me though, which I would really like to hear opinions from parents.
Sorry, but unless you are part of the immediate family you have ZERO basis to draw any conclusions.

#mindyourownbusiness

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

3,388 posts, read 2,964,509 times
Assuming the letter is really from Meghan to her dad and he gave it to the press, then I blame him. Meghan's family is highly dysfunctional. They obviously want the publicity or they wouldn't be out there looking for their 15 minutes. Meghan may have her hangups too. I never heard of her before Harry and don't know much about her personality. Right now, it looks like her family is the biggest problem.

Last edited by Sarahsez; Yesterday at 11:33 AM..

Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM

2,956 posts, read 1,296,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Assuming the letter is really from Meghan to her dad and he gave it to the press, then I blame him. Meghan's family is highly dysfunctional. They obviously want the publicity or they wouldn't be out there looking for their 15 minutes. Meghan may have her hangups too. I never heard of her before Harry and don't know much about her personality. Right now, it looks like her family is the biggest problem.
Except her mother who tries to avoid the spotlight, continues to support herself as a yoga teacher, and seems level headed and stable.

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,077,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfamly5 View Post

This man did all he could to avoid his daughter while she was growing up. A big fat whoopie doo that he paid for her to go to a good school. He paid so he could forgo his other responsibilities as a parent. He wasn't there for her formative years or to care for her when she was a child. He only popped up once the engagement was official and then he proceeded to do every single last thing he wasn't supposed to do in preparation of the wedding to make a quick buck.
Meghan lived with Thomas for 10 years, during which time he sent her to private school. So he was there for her during her "formative years". He did not just "pop up" once the engagement was announced.
Furthermore, it was quite shabby of Harry and Meghan not to help him with arrangements. Harry still hasn't even met Thomas.

Quote:
. This man isn't a parent. He's a mooch who is trying to find fortune and fame through a glorified sperm donation. He hasn't been there for Meghan EVER; even now he goes between trashing her and her new family to begging them to forgive him in exchange for attention. At best he has an illness of some kind that pushes this behavior involentarly.
You are incorrect. Meghan herself paid public tribute to her father in post after post on instagram and on her bloh, "The Tig." Many websites have screen shots of these posts. Let's put it this way: Meghan was either lying then, or she is lying now.

Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM

78 posts, read 21,852 times
Not really , seldom is THAT what they chose .... but busy body day dreaming trash sells well to the masses.. How sad... Remember when the trash rags only sold well to the lower classes? I guess if you give it some thought they still do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
They make it our business by being royalty/celebs/artists etc. and constantly bring it up, I see no issue with discussing it, that's the life they chose to take, they need to deal with it. I can only imagine Meghan was the type of child that would always cry because she didn't get the toy she wanted.

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

78 posts, read 21,852 times
They all need to move on WITH THEIR OWN LIVES!..Should any of them think of bridge jumping I / we can ONLY HOPE they each take Two KarTrashEans with them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Her dad paying for college doesn't mean she owes him all this attention now. She owes him nothing. He needs to move on with his life. Same with her half sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or