U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

15 posts, read 2,950 times

Advertisements

Given that obviously, there are lots of parents here, for those that have read a lot of the drama going on between Meghan Markle and her father that keeps popping up all the time, who do you think is in the most wrong here? I don't have kids but I have read a lot and to me I think Meghan is acting like a very perpetuate little baby. From what I know, her father actually has helped her out a lot in her life yet she continually cries like a little girl about him. I think Prince Harry made a HUGE mistake marrying this spoiled little princess who always wants to whine and cry like a two year old. A woman like Princess Diana makes Meghan look like a toddler and would slap her around from Zeta Reticuli and back in comparison.

That's just me though, which I would really like to hear opinions from parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:16 AM

14,668 posts, read 21,068,272 times
It’s nine of our business. I think it’s horrble such personal issues are being dragged through the court of public opinion.

Old Today, 12:39 AM

15 posts, read 2,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It’s nine of our business. I think it’s horrble such personal issues are being dragged through the court of public opinion.
They make it our business by being royalty/celebs/artists etc. and constantly bring it up, I see no issue with discussing it, that's the life they chose to take, they need to deal with it. I can only imagine Meghan was the type of child that would always cry because she didn't get the toy she wanted.

Old Today, 02:23 AM

5,399 posts, read 2,086,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
They make it our business by being royalty/celebs/artists etc. and constantly bring it up, I see no issue with discussing it, that's the life they chose to take, they need to deal with it. I can only imagine Meghan was the type of child that would always cry because she didn't get the toy she wanted.
What is the point in wondering about some celebrity's past private life? Seems pretty pathetic to read or support trashy titillating journalism. Yes, there are drama queens who thrive on creating useless headlines and reading useless headlines. There probably is no right or wrong, there are just decisions and consequences.

Old Today, 04:15 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,432,995 times
When ever two or more are in disagreement, each are accountable. Thats' usually how ADULTS accept responsibility. Meghan is responsible for being a public figure, With much to impart in manners and royal protocal. Her duties are hers to maintain.
Her Father is an adult. Responsible for his decisions and actions. He chose unwisely to "sell" out his Daughters Wedding day to the media . He is responsible for declining each invitation and attempt to participate in his daughters ' special day. I'd say that is for him account for.

I know neither of them nor their past upbringing. Only the actions/ behaviors they have presented to the public in the last few years.

Old Today, 06:12 AM

2,508 posts, read 1,376,735 times
It doesn't help to put blame on any side. Meghan's culture has changed. She changes to fit in to her current circumstances. Meghan may be overthinking about how to interact with her family, which incudes handling disputes. In her mind, she has an idea of how a 'Royal' should handle disputes or even how a royal deals with commoners. So in this case, she is playing out her imagined conflict. In other words, she has poor self-conflict resolutions skills, a skill that you learn from your parents if you are lucky.

Or, the Royal family may actually be trying to control the interactions with her family, which results in a culture class. This would indicate that the royal family really doesn't know how to deal with commoners and use their power/money/status to move on with life.

Meghan should have come clean about the expectations of her extended family. Or maybe she did and they can't accept that she is lost to the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrienetro View Post
It sounds like you are a victim of Meghan.

Old Today, 10:21 AM

21,442 posts, read 4,485,197 times
Her father, not her mother with whom she is close, and the siblings started first
chiding her in public...the more they do this, the more she'll withdraw and so would I....

Old Today, 10:55 AM

20,209 posts, read 13,263,264 times
Honestly, I think her father and half sister are publicity hounds, and I wish they would just go away.

It seems to me that Meghan is trying to do her job as a sponsoring royal.

But beyond that, I have no real fascination with her or the royals.

Old Today, 11:02 AM

7,786 posts, read 2,913,455 times
Megan's father wants a royal title and money from the Royal Family. He's a very trashy person. They don't owe him anything just because his daughter married into their family.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

206 posts, read 75,511 times
Meghan may not treat her father with all the compassion in the world; but you have to be some kind of trash to go around to every crappy Enquirer type news source to bad mouth your daughter, her new family, and demand she responds to your desires for attention and money.

This man did all he could to avoid his daughter while she was growing up. A big fat whoopie doo that he paid for her to go to a good school. He paid so he could forgo his other responsibilities as a parent. He wasn't there for her formative years or to care for her when she was a child. He only popped up once the engagement was official and then he proceeded to do every single last thing he wasn't supposed to do in preparation of the wedding to make a quick buck.

Meghan is in a whole new world now that it's not a normal Hollywood role or some Kardashian project. Every little move is governed by the traditions and rules set before her as part of a greater "organization" within the British Monarchy. They aren't' here to perform some reality TV show to earn their keep, the Crown is there to be an example and representative of the British Kingdom and all who reside in it. That calls for acting dignified and clearly Meghan's father can't go a half hour doing that.

I mean look at how Diana struggled; I don't have any doubt that Harry and Meghan have all the drama of that to think about when it comes to family members trying to make money off exploiting and sharing extremely personal details. No parent I know would completely disregarded the privacy their adult child asks (especially in this sensitive situation) and goes on to spread trashy rumors about them. Look at Meghan 's mother; by all accounts she was really out of place during the engagement. But instead of complain or attempt to shame her daughter because the rules and traditions of the British Court are different, she sucked it up and followed the rules because that's how to best honor and show her daughter respect. She didn't go and bad mouth the Crown or the people among Meghan 's new life, nor did she run to the Tabloids (of which the British Crown has EXTREMELY bad relations with) and allow them to muddy her daughters image.

I couldn't even begin to imagine acting as Meghan's father, he's just so out of control and everything is about him. Not his daughter or her new family and life....it's all him, him, him. Why should Meghan even try to talk when he just reports it for cash. There's no question he's a self absorbed and narcissistic individual who has a couple fan boys like OP who either don't have children and can't imagine caring for someone more than themselves or are parents who've acted or have the same mindset as him regarding children who are tired of the manipulative behavior and separate themselves from that parent to get away from the toxic environment they foster (look at Meghan's sister...she clearly follows in daddy's footsteps and is rewarded for it).

This man isn't a parent. He's a mooch who is trying to find fortune and fame through a glorified sperm donation. He hasn't been there for Meghan EVER; even now he goes between trashing her and her new family to begging them to forgive him in exchange for attention. At best he has an illness of some kind that pushes this behavior involentarly.

Last edited by musicfamly5; Today at 12:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or