U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:31 AM

41,180 posts, read 39,873,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Daytime potty training has nothing at all to do with staying dry overnight. An 8 year old has presumably been daytime potty trained for 5 or 6 years. Anecdotally, my son was daytime trained before he turned 3. My daughter took until she was about 3 1/2, but she stopped wetting the bed soon afterward, before she was 4. Again, you are someone who has never dealt with this and has not consulted pediatricians about the issue. It is very different when it is your own child and not a hypothetical situation.
“Presumably” being the key word.

You don’t know anything about what I’ve dealt with, and you aren’t telling me anything “again.”

I’m trying to ascertain the OP’s approach to this issue as a whole because what’s been shared so far is raising red flags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:47 AM

14 posts, read 3,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
ďPresumablyĒ being the key word.

You donít know anything about what Iíve dealt with, and you arenít telling me anything ďagain.Ē

Iím trying to ascertain the OPís approach to this issue as a whole because whatís been shared so far is raising red flags.
IMO you are nothing more than a internet bully with a bad attitude. I'm going to choose to take the high road with you and just not comment on any future posts from you.

For those that have actually been helpful and understanding I greatly appreciate you and your time.

Old Today, 12:03 PM

41,180 posts, read 39,873,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyP3 View Post
IMO you are nothing more than a internet bully with a bad attitude. I'm going to choose to take the high road with you and just not comment on any future posts from you.

For those that have actually been helpful and understanding I greatly appreciate you and your time.
Asking questions is not bullying.

People want to help you.

Old Today, 03:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 893,787 times
That these boys at age 8 requested a 13 y/o female "keep them company" while they bathed tells me they are quite immature and infantalized. Wishing to keep their nakedness private is NOT body "shame" (such an overused word) as you imply.

My four are aged 19-36, eldest is male, mine were all overly mature and dry at night as well as in day by age 2.5 however many of their pals were NOT yet I cannot envision any of the male children at age 8 with whom I dealt (many sleepovers over the years, camping trips, vacations etc) wishing to have a 13 y/o female (or any female including Mother) in the bathroom with them.

Perhaps your sons are more developmentally/socially delayed than you wish to face or admit.

As to the diapering an 8 y/o...again, most boys by this age would be mortified to have Mother diapering them.

If the reason for the enuresis is indeed physiological and not psychological/due to cognitive delays then the boys should be responsible for their own "diapering". This situation is truly bizarre and I suspect is one wherein Mother wishes her children to remain infantalized for her own pathological gratification.

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; Today at 03:43 PM..

Old Today, 03:49 PM

7,468 posts, read 8,661,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
That these boys at age 8 requested a 13 y/o female "keep them company" while they bathed tells me they are quite immature and infantalized. Wishing to keep their nakedness private is NOT body "shame" (such an overused word) as you imply.

My four are aged 19-36, eldest is male, mine were all overly mature and dry at night as well as in day by age 2.5 however many of their pals were NOT yet I cannot envision any of the male children at age 8 with whom I dealt (many sleepovers over the years, camping trips, vacations etc) wishing to have a 13 y/o female (or any female including Mother) in the bathroom with them.

Perhaps your sons are more developmentally/socially delayed than you wish to face or admit.

As to the diapering an 8 y/o...again, most boys by this age would be mortified to have Mother diapering them.

If the reason for the enuresis is indeed physiological and not psychological/due to cognitive delays then the boys should be responsible for their own "diapering". This situation is truly bizarre and I suspect is one wherein Mother wishes her children to remain infantalized for her own pathological gratification.
We have a winner!

Old Today, 03:54 PM

2,348 posts, read 893,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
We have a winner!
LMAOOO it's a rather obvious conclusion that the data herein provided, supports

Old Today, 05:40 PM

5,010 posts, read 3,397,671 times
Modesty is a cultural norm, not a biological norm. I frequently have foreign teens in our home, and their modesty standards have ranged from extremely modest to not modest at all. On a German beach, the children, teens, and adults will all simply take off their clothes and put their bathing suits on right on the sand, for example. And in Japan, it is normal for family members, male and female, to bathe together. I had a Spanish student meet me and within two minutes strip down to nothing and put on her pajamas right in front of me. (It was late at night when she was brought to my hotel room, where we were meeting her and then heading home the next day.) I also had a German student who would sunbathe topless in our backyard; I asked her not to do that when my husband and pre-teen son were home and she complied even though she didn't really get why it was a big deal.

So depending on the family culture (even here in the U S of A), nudity at age 8 could very well be seen as a complete non-issue. I'd say my kids outgrew wanting to be naked in front of friends around the age of 5, but they grew up in a typically "prudish" American home.

Old Today, 05:52 PM

504 posts, read 146,920 times
I am reposting this.

What we did (1) no liquids two hours before bed. (2) Going to the bathroom twice (five minutes apart) before bed. (3) We set an alarm for midnight or one o'clock am. We woke our child up, walked him to the bathroom. He was half asleep! However, his body adjusted to this schedule. He stop wetting his bed.

This information was given to us by a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting