U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:18 PM

5,505 posts, read 2,508,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
We videoed our grandson eating a lemon when he was a baby. It was hillarious. We didn't force the lemon on him, he liked it. As a matter of fact, he'd pull my hand that was holding the lemon toward him so he could taste it again.
!my oldest son...did that to his younger brother. That look was hysterical. His little mouth puckered. Is it funny still? No ..because on a base level ...it was mocking a kid who had no say in what was being given him. I'm ashamed that I stood by...
I'm glad though your grand child enjoyed that flavor...it is an acquired taste .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 07:08 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
1,046 posts, read 316,606 times
Quote:
We videoed our grandson eating a lemon when he was a baby. It was hillarious. We didn't force the lemon on him, he liked it. As a matter of fact, he'd pull my hand that was holding the lemon toward him so he could taste it again.
Now THAT'S funny: my grandparents did the same thing to me as a baby only it was on super-8, not video tape. When she first showed it to me ~20 years ago it answered a couple of questions, like why I get cravings for lemons occasionally and will peel and eat them like oranges.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:30 PM

10,136 posts, read 8,072,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Hmmm. I'll disagree. Eating Tide pods was one of the dumbest. People actually get sick with that one. Belief in the thin man got a little girl killed. That's dumb. Eating ghost peppers for social media fame is pretty dumb. Heck, even the ice bucket challenge is dumber than this. No one's getting hurt. Not a big deal.
If I remember correctly, the child who was viciously attacked and severely injured by two of her same-age "friends" in the slender man case survived the attack, recovered (physically, at least) and told authorities what had happened to her and who the assailants were.

Still a horrific thing.

I believe the two girls who unsuccessfully tried to kill the victim were found to be seriously mentally ill - unable to distinguish fantasy from reality, and no empathy for others. In other words, little sociopaths with additional issues. They are receiving treatment in locked facilities, with no release date given. As well they should.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM

9,003 posts, read 10,606,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
What about the one year old getting to eat their birthday cake all by themselves? And filming it, of course. Terrible? Wonderful? No big deal?
It's not quite the same to me. Turning one in 1966 my parents gave me a German chocolate cake and took pics while I delved into it and made a huge mess of my first sweet ever. That's common. Flinging a piece of sticky American cheese at an infant's face for laughs seems a bit passive aggressive to me.

Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM

2,343 posts, read 889,594 times
I don't think this idiotic stunt is harming the infants at all BUT

I do question the mentality/intellect of a parent who thinks this is funny. Likely moronic attention seekers.

That one would DO this for the purpose of POSTING it tells me those so doing are immature selfcentered idiots using the child as a means to generate LOLZ. These are ADULTS? More like permanently arrrested adolescents. I can see Beavis and Butthead doing this.

But again, those types abound. This is the new normal. *puke*

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Just seems mean and stupid to me, to throw cheese into a baby's face and laugh at the consequences. Good heavens, how petty and dumb can these "parents" be?

Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

25,796 posts, read 61,374,723 times
Did none of you ever have a fun food fight with your young children? We did often. Everyone had fund and a laughed a lot. Laughing is healthy. As adults, it is one of our kids fondest early memories

It also worked as a good way to get them to eat.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Did none of you ever have a fun food fight with your young children? We did often. Everyone had fund and a laughed a lot. Laughing is healthy. As adults, it is one of our kids fondest early memories

It also worked as a good way to get them to eat.
For an older child, maybe. With a little baby or toddler - confusion and distress are more likely than laughter.

Neither I nor anyone in my circle of friends ever engaged in a food fight with their parents, as far as I know. School cafeteria- maybe, but it was pretty much unheard of at my public schools in the 50s and 60s. We would have gotten into trouble big time.

Shoot, for a while until our teachers realized it was unenforceable, we weren't even supposed to talk to each other at lunch! So we'd grab a bite or two, then return our still laden cafeteria trays, and go out on the playground for the rest of the lunch period. Once we were allowed to talk again, it got a lot louder - but more of our lunches got eaten.

Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM

2,025 posts, read 1,243,389 times
Food fights are mutual. Throwing things in your baby's face is not a mutual fun time. It's using your child as the butt of a joke for your own selfish ends.

I really wonder why so many people seem so intent on getting any type of attention that they will do such idiotic things. You can take a cute video of your baby dancing or something and probably get more attention (although I tend to think that's rather weird, too). It's like people can't be happy unless they get up arrows or likes.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

9,895 posts, read 13,814,615 times
I suspect these are the same people who think it's hilarious to get their pets drunk and watch them stumble around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or